Changing theme width

Started by Jailer, December 21, 2017, 06:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jailer

Is there a simple way to change the width of a theme that doesn't have that option in the admin panel? I'm playing around with a couple different Christmas themes but they are very narrow in width and I'd like to make them a little wider on screen.

Gwenwyfar

Use inspect element and find where the "wrapper" of the theme has it's width defined. Then modify it on it's css file. Could be more than one place in some cases.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Jailer

Thank you. I found it but I assume the only way to make any changes is a defined width that won't scale on smaller screens correct? When I reduce my screen size I get scrolling bars so again I assume there's no easy fix to that to make it resize to smaller screens?

Bear with me I'm not a developer or programmer, just an end user.

Jailer

Disregard, I can't get it to do what I want it to so I'll just leave it as is.

lurkalot

Quote from: Jailer on December 21, 2017, 10:57:56 PM
Thank you. I found it but I assume the only way to make any changes is a defined width that won't scale on smaller screens correct? When I reduce my screen size I get scrolling bars so again I assume there's no easy fix to that to make it resize to smaller screens?

Bear with me I'm not a developer or programmer, just an end user.

For example where it says the width 720px change that to 95% and save  The press Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard to see the changes.

Always make a backup of the file you're changing and if it doesn't work you can change it back.

Jailer

That did it, thanks lurkalot!

lurkalot

Quote from: Jailer on December 22, 2017, 06:02:31 AM
That did it, thanks lurkalot!

You're welcome.  Happy Christmas.  8)

Advertisement: