News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Get more information from users when registering?

Started by yasmikash, December 22, 2017, 02:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yasmikash

I want to know that if there are any possible ways to get additional information (additional rows to enter information) like payment email, bitcoin address, ect. from users when they're registering on my forum? And the information collected on the registration page should be able to change by forum admins, when it's needed. Thank you.  :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You can use the custom profile fields in 2.0 to collect additional information.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

yasmikash

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 22, 2017, 03:23:32 AM
How do I get 2.0, as I getting errors when I try to install it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

yasmikash

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 22, 2017, 04:59:15 AM
Any specific problems? What errors?

Installing SMF
I'm getting this error - Warning! This mod has not been tested on your version of SMF. Do not procced if you get errors!
And test also being failed.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What are you trying to install, that sounds like a package manager error. An update or a mod give you that?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 22, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Link to your forum?
Because having the link tells you something you can't ask? I'm confused. Sorry.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

yasmikash

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 22, 2017, 11:15:19 AM
What are you trying to install, that sounds like a package manager error. An update or a mod give you that?
I'm sorry if I might not have described the problem exactly. I downloaded the mod 'Custom Profile' and tried to install it on my forum. But I'm getting an error called "Error in Package Installation" (please see the image below) that leads me suspicious to continue the installation. My forum is :
http://www.crypto-papa.com
[nofollow]

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

i like the "reson for joining" mod to see what they expect from my forum.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Deaks

Quote from: aegersz on December 31, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

but you can do this on 2.0 without needing a mod :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields.  Once it's activated, you'll see it in Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.

- R. Waters

aegersz

Quote from: BryanD on December 31, 2017, 10:56:11 AM
Quote from: aegersz on December 31, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

but you can do this on 2.0 without needing a mod :P

i do not see that option anywhere but i have the mod and i can query the database to review people's reason for joining.

Arantor

Bryan was suggesting you make said field as a custom profile field.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 31, 2017, 09:17:41 PM

Admin -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields.  Once it's activated, you'll see it in Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.

- R. Waters

aegersz

Steve

Getting back to yasmikash's question ... has this been resolved?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: