News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Padi subscription for registration.

Started by boka003, June 27, 2019, 04:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boka003

Hello,

I did not use SMF before, but after install, i like how it all looks.

Not sure is it possbile, but i will like to create membership plans for my forum, so user need to pay if thay want to register and have full acces to forum theards.
I will use wordpress for website and smf for forum.

Web site allredy have some membership plugin, but it is not connected to smf:

I will like to make this subscriptions on smf or make it on wordpress website and connect to smf.

Is it possible ?

Thank You!!
Regards

boka003

I will try whit this plugin: hxxp:wordpress.org/plugins/wp2smfbridge/ [nonactive]

So i can use paid subscription in wordpress.
And i hope if user paid membership in wordpress that he can log in to smf.
But then i will need to disable direct registration at smf, is it possible to do that?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

SMF does have paid subscriptions - you can't (by default) connect them to registration, but you can tie access levels to paid subscriptions.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

And linking word press to smf is complicated...

Also,  I am certain there are no bridges between wordpress and smf 2.1 yet
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

boka003

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 27, 2019, 06:01:45 AM
SMF does have paid subscriptions - you can't (by default) connect them to registration, but you can tie access levels to paid subscriptions.

Thanks for reply Lex,

I will like to turn off free registration, is someone want to register he will need to pay.
Is it possible to force some user groups to pay for subscription?
Example, i have 4 groups:
Members - free
Level 1 - 1$
Level 2 - 2$
Level 3 - 3$

Can i remove usergroup members, and use only level 1, level 2 and level 3?

So if someone want to register he will need to chose group and pay for registration?

Thanks

boka003

Quote from: Kindred on June 27, 2019, 07:41:07 AM
And linking word press to smf is complicated...

Also,  I am certain there are no bridges between wordpress and smf 2.1 yet
Thanks for reply,

It look like more easy way will be to create membership plan on forum.
Is there any documentation about this, i will like to rad little about.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: boka003 on June 28, 2019, 03:14:46 AM
Can i remove usergroup members, and use only level 1, level 2 and level 3?

So if someone want to register he will need to chose group and pay for registration?

Thanks
No, you cannot - everyone must belong in one group. You can however make it (for example) so:

Members - Virtually no access to elsewhere than their own profile and paid subs
Level 1 - 1$ ( Tier one access )
Level 2 - 2$ ( Tier one access + Tier 2 access )
Level 3 - 3$ ( Tier one access + Tier 2 access + Tier 3 Access )

What each access level would be, you would define through membergroups.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Paid_subscriptions
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Paid subs is only available to registered members, you must be registered to subscribe.  You can, however, redirect login of nonsubscribers to Profile -> Paid Subscriptions, where you can display an explanatory message, i.e., ''You must be a subscriber to access all content and features available on this forum."  Access to subscriber content would be restricted via permissions, as Lex explained.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Biology Forums

As mentioned before, you don't need WordPress for any of this. You can program SMF to accept paid subscriptions without a free membership, but it'll require a lot of backend re-programming. Are you interested in investing money to have someone do this for you? If you have your heart set on using Wordpress as a gateway for payment, that can also be done. The programmer would have to look into how the plugin works.

Let me know if you're interested, email is

boka003

Thank You @Sir Osis of Liver and @Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is there any example in documentation how i can do this?
I did not use smf before.

Sir Osis of Liver

The login redirect requires custom coding, did it a while ago for 2.0 forum.  Should work in 2.1, will try it if you're interested in using it.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shnazzle

We're going down this route soon.
Not WordPress but as for the subscriptions, it's a case of redefining the baseline.

So now, everybody becomes a registered user once they sign up.
Then they are "Regular User"s and can see most things.

Easy solution is to remove all access for Regular User, only a dedicated category for newly registered people,with details on how to sign-up to full access.
Then when they do, using the subscriptions, access is opened up according to the level they paid for.

Biology Forums

Problem is only PayPal is accepted... 😥

Kindred

Yes, but paypal can accept multiple external sources as well,  including venom

Or,  I think someone made a stripe mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: