Copyright overlay issue.

Started by SaltedWeb, December 23, 2017, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I have a theme, I am using but its no longer supported by anyone so unsure where to edit the copyright overlay.
I have included a copy there are no mods I am using this as a test site and only addon was the theme.
Trying to figure how to fix and still leave both copyrights intact, I know how to remove the themes copyright
but then it wont be there as it should so trying to solve a solution being the designer of the theme is deceased
its probably not as big and issue, but out of respect for the work I would like to keep it there but know covering
the SMF copyright is a bigger issue . Help appreciated.

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Sir Osis of Liver

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footer">
<a class="up_top" href="javascript:scroll(0,0)"></a>
<!--div id="sm_copy"-->
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
</ul>';

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SaltedWeb

Thanks I think I tried something like this last week, didn't have a chance to dig into it until today
but will look back at my notes.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Gwenwyfar

Looks like a problem in the css. See if you find any absolute or negative positioning there and remove it. (Can't pinpoint css issues just with a screenshot, so could be something else, but plain html doesn't do that)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

SaltedWeb

I am kinda stumped I can remove the themes copyright but putting it elsewhere doesn't work as the theme doesn't leave allot of space where the copyright is I think it will take modifying allot more to get it right it was public release but sure the designer was aware of it as its pretty noticeable but sadly they are no longer with us.

This is on a test site with nothing on it just the theme. i'll keep looking thanks guys.

SaltedWeb

PS not sure why they moved it to Themes as there is no theme here that supports it and its covering up SMF's copyright.
I put in support hoping someone could either help me move the SMF copy or fix the themes one. With it here only theme answers would be given.

Gwenwyfar

Make sure to use inspect element, should be a simple issue (unless the author did something really weird or silly). I could take a look if you can post a link (or send in a PM).
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Sir Osis of Liver

If you look at this theme on Crip's demo site, you'll see that the SMF copyright is floated left, theme copyright is floated right followed by up button.  For reasons unknown, the download is formatted incorrectly.  You can fix it as follows -

index.template.php

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footer">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
</ul>';

// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])
echo '
<p class="smalltext">', $txt['page_created'], $context['load_time'], $txt['seconds_with'], $context['load_queries'], $txt['queries'], '</p>
</div>';

echo '
<div id="cz_copy">
<strong>Drab Bllue by, <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php" target="_blank">Crip</a></strong><a class="up_top" href="javascript:scroll(0,0)"></a>
</div>

index.css

#footer .up_top { float: right; margin: -5px 0 0 20px;}

Crip's themes are being maintained by others, someone must have tinkered with this one and messed it up.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: