News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum is down

Started by billpoynter, December 24, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billpoynter

In trying to fix a problem with forum users suddenly being unable to either post or view attachments, I've now made the forum non-accessible. 
The following error message now appears when trying to access the forum:  Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Security.php on line 535 

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Bill

SaltedWeb

Sounds like a permission on a file changed ? I would start there and see if the permissions are correct.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Shambles

I would say the Subs-Auth.php file has been deleted -  most likely by your host's security scans.

Have a look in the /Sources folder and see if it's there,

billpoynter

That file is indeed missing.  How should I proceed?

br360

If you don't already have a copy; download the smf version you have to your computer, extract the package and then upload Subs-Auth.php back to where your other source folders are. Then open a ticket with your host explaining what they did and make sure they know not to delete the file again.

Illori

Quote from: br360 on December 24, 2017, 01:50:30 PM
If you don't already have a copy; download the smf version you have to your computer, extract the package and then upload Subs-Auth.php back to where your other source folders are. Then open a ticket with your host explaining what they did and make sure they know not to delete the file again.

you may need to upload the file with your hosts file manager rather then FTP to make it say in place.

billpoynter

Here's the result after I uploaded the file:  Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Security.php on line 543

Illori

did you upload it with your hosts file manager?

Sir Osis of Liver

On GoDaddy servers, if you upload source files via ftp, upload will be successful but file will immediately be deleted.  If you watch carefully, you can see it happen.  This can affect up to a dozen source files.  You can upload the file using cpanel file manager and it will stick.  I've only seen this on GD, but a couple of recent posts indicate it may be happening on other hosts.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

billpoynter

I uploaded the file using GoDaddy's file manager.  The forum will now come up, but when I try to log in, I get this error message:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function safe_unserialize() in /home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 114

SaltedWeb

Not that its any fault of SMF, but seems that GD is consistently causing issues with this software.
Make one wonder if it should not be recommended at that not unless they just do this no matter what program they have installed. ( sorry didnt mean to Hijack the post seems allot of GD have issues)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

billpoynter

I was wondering if upgrading to a newer version would correct all of the errors in my forum.  I can't log on as an administrator at this time.  My website is hxxp:culvercadet.com [nonactive] and there's a link there to the forum.

Kindred

sounds like you might not have uploaded a current version of the file...   or you uploaded the 2.0.15 version and you are not actually running 2.0.15
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

billpoynter

I seem to have everything working except for this error message: The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.     I can't seem to resolve this issue.  Any ideas?

Illori

billpoynter

I've now managed to create a new problem by changing one of the database settings in the repair_settings tool.  I now get this message when I try to run repair settings:   Fatal error: Call to undefined function () in /home/content/55/3007655/html/simplemachinesforum/repair_settings.php on line 368

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/55/3007655/tmp/sess_2er7q4arga7240tjne152mkg55, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of hxxp:session.save [nonactive]_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

Sir Osis of Liver

Why did you change a db setting?  Which one?

- R. Waters

shawnb61

To me, that looks like 'Enable DB Sessions' was disabled.  Two thoughts: 

First, I would suggest re-enabling it.   

Second, I would suggest talking with your host to determine why /tmp isn't configured/working properly. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

billpoynter

Is it possible that I could give someone access to the site so that they can determine what I have done to it?  I think that the original problem was caused by GoDaddy, but I have only made it worse.  I take one step forward and two back.

Sir Osis of Liver

PM your username/password for GD account and I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: