News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

EasyApache 4 and Nginxcp

Started by humbleworld, December 26, 2017, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleworld

Are there any potential conflicts to have EasyApache4 and Nginxp installed at the same time on a VPS server?

LiroyvH

Hm, technically you're in the wrong place - this is more something for the cPanel support forums as its a rather specific question. ;)
I've never used nginxcp itself, but I know its designed to work with cPanel.

However... Judging by their news section, they haven't released an update in 1.5 years - which is about the time since EA4 hit stable. (Perhaps a little before, but it was in RC-state for sure.) And judging by the responses to that news: that version is not compatible with EA4. (http://www.nginxcp.com/nginx-admin-v5-2-stable/)
As the comments indicate it's not compatible and no new version of NginxCP has been released ever since, I'm afraid your question will have to be answered with "Yes, there are potential conflicts.".

EA4 is quite the different setup of Apache and PHP. (Quite superior to EA3 in most aspects, I must add. EA3 has a few advantages but EA4 is undeniably much more powerful, wayyyyyy faster and contains more up-to-date software in its repositories.) Also thinking of their new multiPHP modes and all that. As NginxCP is apparently designed for EA3: that can most certainly give conflict. You could try it, but if its a production server: I would not risk it or make sure you can role-back very quickly. Find a compatible product or wait for cPanel to pony up nginx support, which I do know they're working on. Just don't ask me for an ETA. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: