News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Connection problems again! (GoDaddy Host)

Started by Thotos, December 29, 2017, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thotos

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 31, 2017, 11:10:25 PM
Renaming the attachments via batch script is kinda easy using Excel if you have the attachments table.   I did it a while back trying to help someone else  trying to recover attachments.

More info here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554131.msg3927825#msg3927825

Thanks!  ;) :D

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's a handy tip, I'll need to make note of that too :)

Thotos, as it is quite evident that this is a host issue out of our control, are we ready to mark this topic solved or is there something you would still wish assistance with? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Thotos

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 03, 2018, 03:31:28 AM
That's a handy tip, I'll need to make note of that too :)

Thotos, as it is quite evident that this is a host issue out of our control, are we ready to mark this topic solved or is there something you would still wish assistance with? :)

Yes definately a host issue (who are not even replying to my emails now :( )
But I do have a couple of questions which is related to this. I have created a new forum using SMF 2.0.6. I exported all tables from what was left of my old forum which included smf_boards, smf_board_permissions etc and imported the .sql file to the new database in the hope that I would get back the 7 boards previously available and their permission. But while the import in phpMyAdmin seems to take a while, i.e. it's doing something, nothing gets imported. What am I doing wrong?
Second question: Would I be right in assuming that themes from version 1.1.21 are not compatiple with 2.0.6? I loaded my highly modified forum theme from my old forum to the new one but while it looks very similar it doesn't work correctly with button labels missing and buttons not working. Is there a utility to up;grade themes from SMF 1.x to 2.x ?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Thotos on January 03, 2018, 07:23:23 PM
I have created a new forum using SMF 2.0.6. I exported all tables from what was left of my old forum which included smf_boards, smf_board_permissions etc and imported the .sql file to the new database in the hope that I would get back the 7 boards previously available and their permission. But while the import in phpMyAdmin seems to take a while, i.e. it's doing something, nothing gets imported. What am I doing wrong?

If you dumped the remaining tables to sql, they should import to a new database using pma.  You'd be better off doing a clean 2.0.15 install (why 2.0.6?) with a new database, and recreate your 7 boards manually.

Would I be right in assuming that themes from version 1.1.21 are not compatiple with 2.0.6?

Yes, and there is no way to upgrade a theme other than rewriting it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Thotos

Thank you Sir Osis of Liver  ;)
I have a lot of work to do to recreate my forum  ???  I just wish my knowledge if this was better  :-[ but while my old forum was working well I didn't bother to get to know the workings better  :-[
Thanks for all your help and I'll mark this topic as solved.

Advertisement: