Question/Answer-FAQ-esq process

Started by thunderchld, December 29, 2017, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderchld

Hello!

I'm looking for how to do a few things - either by mods or by "just do bleh". 

I'd like for my users to be able to submit a question to the admins. From there, I'd like the question to go to an area that the admins can formulate a response. From there, the question and answer is made public.

E.g. Player comes to the board, and asks how do I do this thing.   Staff talks, comes up with an answer, and make the question and answer pubic. 

Work-around - Create a form and have it go to a board that is limited to just staff. Eventually move the question and answer to another board.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: thunderchld on December 29, 2017, 05:29:54 PM
Work-around - Create a form and have it go to a board that is limited to just staff. Eventually move the question and answer to another board.
I do this on my own board using the Custom Form Mod
It allows for multiple different types of forms to submit a post anywhere in the forum, no access needed for the user posting it.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

thunderchld

We have Custom Form Mod, but so far everything just goes to a hidden board. Do you move the topic?  Does that work OK for you?

And thank you for your quick response!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

How to actually use the posts, and whether or not to move them or just use the created topic to formulate the question/answer combo to be published later would be up to individual preferences and needs really.

I personally would just use the created topic to discuss the issue, and formulate a public response if needed.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

thunderchld

Thank you!  That's what I was thinking. I'll take this back to the other admins and tell them we were on the right track. :D

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: