News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Limited bbcodes

Started by Kirolainen, January 01, 2018, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirolainen

I would like to have my users to be able to add rich bbcodes on their posts and let them make bbcode divs. With rich bbcodes I mean something like [div style="border-radius: XXXX; etc etc etc"]. I use SMF 2.0.14.

Is this possible and how? With which mod? I tried one style mod but it almost destroyed my forum so I am not willing to go blindly out there to test stuff again now that I already have active users in there... :D

Arantor

I actually don't think there are any mods for this at the moment. Partly because it's really hard to actually do it securely, and partly because invariably people make a mess of posts so it's hard to read for everyone that comes after them - it's why more recently-made forums don't even usually let people change the colours much any more, because it makes reading etc. harder.

Kirolainen

Thank you for fast reply!
My forum is for RPG use and people use pre made post layouts for their characters info post. They are actually very pretty, there is rarely people who would NOT know how to use the forum codes - or would make horrible mess, since it is only those character sheets where they need the codes. So my forum is not and will never be a rainbow land.
Proboards for example has this option but I'd hate to create forum somewhere where it is not on my own domain and in my control.

Arantor

Proboards does this now? Huh.

What options exactly were you looking to make available? It's possible to do extremely nasty (and dangerous) things with even pure CSS...

Kirolainen

Quote from: Arantor on January 01, 2018, 10:18:03 AM
Proboards does this now? Huh.

What options exactly were you looking to make available? It's possible to do extremely nasty (and dangerous) things with even pure CSS...

Thank you for your reply, again. I found the solution, which was super simple. I just updated my forum to the newest version and downloaded the "bbc styles mod" and vóila! It works like wonder.

What I meant was to have posts like these:

Modified div and CSS tables in the posts. And now it works. ^^

Advertisement: