GoDaddy Upgrade from 2GH to 4GH Linux Hosting Caused Database Connection Error

Started by andrei23, January 02, 2018, 12:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumbleweed

Howdy,

I am helping out this user to get his board back up and running.
I have removed from GD. Grabbed a archive for his version 1.1.21 (smf_1-1-21_install) reloaded the Sources/themes/setting files.

However I am receiving the DB error below:
Database Error: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
File: /home/hisdomain/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

How would I go about clearing that out?

Thanks
-Frank
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

Arantor

Hmm, what column names are present in both the smf_board_permissions and smf_permissions tables?

Illori

Arantor

Load.php is definitely 1.1 as that's what Frank grabbed, but whether that's the right version for the DB is another question entirely.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just had a look at forum link, Subs-Auth.php appears to be missing.  Did you upload 1.1.21 package via ftp?  You must upload source files with cpanel file manager.  GoDaddy servers delete up to a dozen source files if uploaded by ftp.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tumbleweed

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2018, 04:28:04 PM
Hmm, what column names are present in both the smf_board_permissions and smf_permissions tables?

Hi Arantor Both tables have the correct column add_deny

Quote from: Illori on January 16, 2018, 04:32:29 PM
can you check if load.php is from SMF 1.1 or SMF 2.0?

Load.php is confirmed as SMF 1.1

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 16, 2018, 04:38:24 PM
Just had a look at forum link, Subs-Auth.php appears to be missing.  Did you upload 1.1.21 package via ftp?  You must upload source files with cpanel file manager.  GoDaddy servers delete up to a dozen source files if uploaded by ftp.

All files and DB were moved away from GD. And placed upon a more friendly set-up. I am force host the dns to my local. chances are you are using a cached dns. Which of course is a bummer :(
Hopefully the DNS resolves soon to new server.
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level

Arantor

QuoteHi Arantor Both tables have the correct column add_deny

That's the column name as it is in 2.0; it was addDeny in 1.1.x - you have a 2.0 database, so the 1.1 files won't work correctly on it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Not clear (to me, anyway), that database has been upgraded to 2.0.  OP originally didn't want to upgrade, and I'm not seeing that he did, but if it has been upgraded, should work with a 2.0.15 install.

- R. Waters

Arantor

QuoteNot clear (to me, anyway), that database has been upgraded to 2.0

You mean other than a column in the database that in 1.1 was called addDeny and gets renamed during the 2.0 install to add_deny - and the databaseu currently has add_deny in it...?

tumbleweed

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2018, 05:45:33 PM
QuoteHi Arantor Both tables have the correct column add_deny

That's the column name as it is in 2.0; it was addDeny in 1.1.x - you have a 2.0 database, so the 1.1 files won't work correctly on it.

Thanks Bro, I have not the slightest idea how this is a 2.0 DB as the OP seemed pretty adamant about not upgrading to the most current version while I read this post.  Perhaps I missed something during the discussion.

OP?

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Arantor

Well... the forum definitely was running 1.1.x earlier in the year and if I follow the link in the OP, that instance is definitely a 1.1 instance, though it says it can't connect to the DB at all...

Sir Osis of Liver

I think database integrity is the big question here.  At least part of it has been upgraded to 2.0, it's possible to get a partial upgrade if upgrade.php fails partway through.  Will it work with 2.0 install?  Does it contain a set of backup tables?  Is there a good 1.1 backup prior to migration?  Has GoDaddy changed database server address?

- R. Waters

tumbleweed

if you run ping to the site the ping should go to=> Pinging zuksoffroad.net [107.182.169.50] with 32 bytes of data:
Otherwise you are hitting the old server. GD is no longer a issue as the site and db do not run in that environment any more.

I just replaced all the files with 2.0.15 install connection to DB looks ok as no errors. and was able to run repair_settings with success

however we do receive the below error
PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/zuksoffr/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 142

We run many SMF installs so the PHP version is not a issue.

I have no idea what occured to the database before I pulled it out of GD. It does indeed have backup tables.

Arantor

tumbleweed

server is running
PHP Version 5.4.45

I have tried up to PHP 5.6 with same error

tumbleweed

Fixed the issue.

After uploading the 2.0 files. I had inadvertently missed the index.php. However the old index.php was still in root. So I just glanced over it. 
Just as a side note the backups that were in the DB were also for SMF 2.0. Strange Days LOL.

Thanks for your help :)
Tell B I says Hi!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: tumbleweed on January 16, 2018, 07:29:03 PM
After uploading the 2.0 files. I had inadvertently missed the index.php. However the old index.php was still in root. So I just glanced over it. 
Just as a side note the backups that were in the DB were also for SMF 2.0. Strange Days LOL.
In all of this, that is honestly the most confusing point of the topic. How did it become 2.0? :o
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

tumbleweed

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 17, 2018, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: tumbleweed on January 16, 2018, 07:29:03 PM
In all of this, that is honestly the most confusing point of the topic. How did it become 2.0? :o

I have not the slightest idea. Its very confusing. We do know even if the upgrade was 100% successful. The forum is know active and view able to outside world.

However it appears that the attachments that were  uploaded prior to this upgrade are not working correctly as in they just show the link in the thread not the image. When one clicks the link the file downloads onto local machine. Images appear to be corrupted. PDF seem to be OK. images uploaded after are working as prescribed.

http://www.zuksoffroad.net/forum/index.php?topic=2375.0

Any ideas on the attachment issue?

Thanks
-Frank

Sir Osis of Liver

If images load but are corrupt, likely cause is they were downloaded or uploaded via ftp using FileZilla with transfer type set to Auto.  It must be set to binary or files will be damaged.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: