News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Test Failed on theme while updating

Started by Dudeson, January 02, 2018, 05:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeson

I've been trying to install the new update from SMF 2.0.13 to 14 and i got this below test failed error on my main theme.

If i continue to install, will it affect the theme in a any way? is there any solution?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dudeson

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 06:25:19 AM
What is the edit that is failing?

Code [Find]
Quote<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

Code [Replace]
Quote<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK, that is an edit that if not done correctly, you will probably be unable to login through your custom theme anymore.
I do not know the theme in question, but it may be fairly easy to do manually,
in which case you could just install the update and then upload the manually updated template to replace the old one.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Perhaps would be best to ask the theme author though if you need help with it.

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Steve on January 02, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
Why not this?

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2018, 06:55:53 AM
Like any other mod...  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Basically the same thing, just the other link has this explicit case explained in a little simpler manner I think. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

If that's DS Silentwave, test fails because it doesn't have a header login.  If that's the only error, it's ok to install the upgrade.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Dudeson, did you get this sorted or do you still need assistance with this? :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Dudeson

Quote from: Steve on January 02, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
Why not this?

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2018, 06:55:53 AM
Like any other mod...  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
I've checked that and it says "You can still try to install the mod, but you will have to make changes manually to the "failed" files.". As a matter of fact, i dont know how to edit it manually.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 02, 2018, 04:45:43 PM
If that's DS Silentwave, test fails because it doesn't have a header login.  If that's the only error, it's ok to install the upgrade.

Yes it is silentwave and are you sure this wont be a mess up?

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 04, 2018, 03:58:02 AM
Dudeson, did you get this sorted or do you still need assistance with this? :)

No buddy, i didnt sort it out yet. I will go on update it despite of the error it showed, after taking a backup.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If the theme doesn't have the login form on the index, then you're golden. Just go ahead with the update after backing up, and test your login/logout functionality :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Dudeson

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 04, 2018, 05:05:38 AM
If the theme doesn't have the login form on the index, then you're golden. Just go ahead with the update after backing up, and test your login/logout functionality :)

Worked! now using the latest version 2.0.15.. thank you buddy and you too Sir Osis of Liver.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Nice, I'll just mark this topic solved then :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: