News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Test Failed on theme while updating

Started by pabs11, January 02, 2018, 06:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabs11

Hi

I can't help you sorry but I have exactly the same issue - had a forum offline for 2 years and am updating through, from 2.0.11 to current but can only go as far as 2.0.13 as I get the same template issue you get.

My failed test seems to be around a 'password' related script insertion, so I'm inclined to wait before updating.

I've emailed the template creator but no response as yet ( holidays don't help ).

Mine's a 'Greeny' template.

I can't even find the code snippet needing replacing in the listed template file ( not in file listed ), so not sure what's going there ( not a coder, as you can tell ).

Let me know if you get a response to your question though, if you could ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pabs11

On mine, it's this : ( image attached )

Illori

topic split so that the other op can get support for their issue. please open separate topics for each issue so that we can make sure all issues are resolved.

take a look at https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: pabs11 on January 02, 2018, 06:17:24 AM
On mine, it's this : ( image attached )

OK, that is an edit that if not done correctly, you will probably be unable to login through your custom theme anymore.
I do not know the theme in question, but it may be fairly easy to do manually,
in which case you could just install the update and then upload the manually updated template to replace the old one.
Perhaps would be best to ask the theme author though if you need help with it.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pabs11

Quote from: Illori on January 02, 2018, 06:20:09 AM
topic split so that the other op can get support for their issue. please open separate topics for each issue so that we can make sure all issues are resolved.

take a look at https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

OK....read that, thanks...then inspected all those files and the one the SMF system points to specifically but I can't find that code snippet, or even any of the various words in it, anywhere in index.template.php ( which is where it's pointing me to. ( using Notepad++ )

<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

Does the SMF failed test always point to the right spot / file ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: pabs11 on January 02, 2018, 07:01:39 AM
OK....read that, thanks...then inspected all those files and the one the SMF system points to specifically but I can't find that code snippet, or even any of the various words in it, anywhere in index.template.php ( which is where it's pointing me to. ( using Notepad++ )

Yes. That is why with custom code, it is best to ask the theme author directly if you can not find the code required.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Or, it might be that your custom theme does not have the login box as part of it, which is why the system can not find the code it needs to edit.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 07:03:33 AM
Quote from: pabs11 on January 02, 2018, 07:01:39 AM

Yes. That is why with custom code, it is best to ask the theme author directly if you can not find the code required.

Have emailed him a few days ago, but it's xmas etc, so he may be out of contact for one reason or another...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2018, 07:04:21 AM
Or, it might be that your custom theme does not have the login box as part of it, which is why the system can not find the code it needs to edit.
Oh, didn't come to think of that - in this case it is a possibility among others. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pabs11

I can see code for various other forms but not an 'input' login type.

pabs11

( Excuse my untrained coding mind ) Could this be telling me where the login form or relevant code can be found ?

{

echo'
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=login#forum"><i class="fa fa-login fa-fw"></i> ',$txt['login'],'</a></li>

<li><a href="',$scripturl,'?action=register#forum"><i class="fa fa-register fa-fw"></i> ',$txt['register'],'</a></li>';

}

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Those are links to separate login and register -pages. Do you have a login form visible on the forum index?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 07:16:40 AM
Those are links to separate login and register -pages. Do you have a login form visible on the forum index?

Do you mean on this page ?

url/directory/index.php#forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes. If you do not have a login form there, you are probably fine just going ahead with the update as is. ( The other edit to index.template is just a version number... )
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 07:27:35 AM
Yes. If you do not have a login form there, you are probably fine just going ahead with the update as is. ( The other edit to index.template is just a version number... )

When I log out of the forum there is a login form on that page.

I've found the form code needing replacing using the browser page source, however I can't locate it in the downloaded index.template.php file.

There is a javascript code above the form, pointing to a .js file. Will have to find that to make the change ?

Illori

can you attach your index.template.php file to your next post?

pabs11

Quote from: Illori on January 02, 2018, 07:46:56 AM
can you attach your index.template.php file to your next post?

Learning curve for me :). So, not in or related to a .js file location. Ahem ...but actually still looks javascript related when I view the page source.

But I can see it in the browser page source but not in the downloaded file so it must be concealed from me by code I don't understand ?

Index.template.php attached .

pabs11

From the browser page source

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
document.forms.frmLogin.user.focus();
// ]]></script>

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

On a fast look through, I didn't spot the form in that file, it may even be that it is not there as such. Could you give us a link to see your forum?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: