News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Test Failed on theme while updating

Started by pabs11, January 02, 2018, 06:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 09:25:56 AM
On a fast look through, I didn't spot the form in that file, it may even be that it is not there as such. Could you give us a link to see your forum?

No, it's not there I'm sure. Can my template 'call' the form code from the default theme ? ( is that the right terminology ? )

But I've since discovered a Login.template.php file with the code bits in the SMF Default theme. I've just been trying to manually make the code changes in this file, and seeing if the upgrade install test still gives a fail - which it does.

Forum [url] - link removed after issue resolved

Illori

your theme does not have the login widget on in the header, you can ignore that error and install the patch.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Don't touch the Login.template.php, that will just cause you more fails on the update if you do.

You are fine to go ahead and do the update I think, since the login form you see when you log out ( and I see as a guest ) is actually from the Login.template not from the index.template. :) Ignore the error, go ahead with the update, and test your login / out functionality.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Illori ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pabs11

Quote from: Illori on January 02, 2018, 09:38:11 AM
your theme does not have the login widget on in the header, you can ignore that error and install the patch.

What does a 'login widget' look like ? ( just for my education :) )

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 09:40:48 AM
Don't touch the Login.template.php, that will just cause you more fails on the update if you do.

You are fine to go ahead and do the update I think, since the login form you see when you log out ( and I see as a guest ) is actually from the Login.template not from the index.template. :) Ignore the error, go ahead with the update, and test your login / out functionality.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Illori ;)

I only ran it as the prelim test stages. Showed me the errors before actually installing proper.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: pabs11 on January 02, 2018, 09:42:32 AM

Kind of like this, depending on the theme :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pabs11

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 02, 2018, 09:52:40 AM
Quote from: pabs11 on January 02, 2018, 09:42:32 AM

Kind of like this, depending on the theme :)

Oh, ok. Thanks. I don't have that, no.

Have done the upgrades ( rather nervously ), through to 2.0.15. Tested logins and site functions. Seems all good.

Many thanks for your patience and help  8)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Good to hear :) I'll be marking this solved then. But if anything related still comes up, feel free to let us know.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: