Error after 2.014 install - blocked from site - Error 500

Started by KEA, January 03, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEA

I used the package manager to upgrade from 2.013 to 2.014.  It said all was successful but now all pages are blocked. 

"The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes."

www.sawmillandtimberforum.com

HELP! 

I have NO CLUE how to change anything on the server so anyone that can point me in the direction to fix this is greatly appreciated. 

Kirk Allen

KEA

Looks like the server company got it working but not sure what they did but now have a new problem.

When I try to add a new forum board I get this message? 

Field 'board_color' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 790

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.14, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

KEA

According to the server tech support:  "From the message it sounds like the software was updated but an upgrade script was not run (which will upgrade the database and anything else that needs to be done on the back end). Upgrading SMF is not a service that we provide."

Any suggestions how to upgrade script?

vbgamer45

You have to add a default to into the smf_boards table in the board_color column in the database structure that appears to be coming from a modification
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KEA

vbgamer45

Phpmyadmin would be the best or you can contact your host to make the change.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

I found the smf_boards in Phpmyadmin but not sure how to add a default as suggested?  Not seeing board_color?

vbgamer45

It might not be that table. that was a guess on my part.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

SMF error suggests a database upgrade?  How do I do that?  Not finding anything on updating.php database.

KEA

I keep getting an error pointing to possible database needing to upgrade each time I try to add a new category on our forum.  Won't add the category and keeps giving me the error message.

Steve

Split your question off. Let's not get the two problems confused even though yours may be similar.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

what is the full error message you are seeing?

Illori

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 03, 2018, 04:17:35 PM
You have to add a default to into the smf_boards table in the board_color column in the database structure that appears to be coming from a modification

this is all you need to do to fix your issue. if you dont know how to do that you should post in the mods support topic that added that column. you dont need to upgrade your database as there have been no database changes to apply.

KEA

This is the message I get when I try to add a catagory to my forum.

Field 'board_color' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 790

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.14, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

KEA

Dont know how to do it and not finding where to post in Mod Support?

Sir Osis of Liver

You need to identify the mod that added the code to Subs-Boards.php, it's not in core code.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

KEA

Quote from: Illori on January 03, 2018, 08:03:17 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 03, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

this is all you need to do to fix your issue. if you dont know how to do that you should post in the mods support topic that added that column. you dont need to upgrade your database as there have been no database changes to apply.

When you say "this is all you need to do to fix your issue", I don't know what your pointing to that is what I need to do?  I have been unable to even locate a board_color entry and even if I found it I don't know what to do with it when I do find it.

KEA

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 03, 2018, 10:08:43 PM
You need to identify the mod that added the code to Subs-Boards.php, it's not in core code.

How do I find the mod? 

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in Admin -> Package Manager, post a list of installed mods.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

KEA

Modification Packages — Installed  Help
Mod Name   Version   
1.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Country Flags   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Anti-spam by CleanTalk   2.00     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Admin Ban Button in Post   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Users Online Today   2.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Global Headers Footers   2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Add IP2Location to Track IP   1.31     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" Page   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Sorted Package Manager Listing   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   Language Drop Down   1.5.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   Google Member Map   2.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag   3.11     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   Previous and Next Links for Page Index   2.1.204     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   Ad Managment   3.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   SMF Gallery Pro   7.2.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.   Referrals System   3.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.   Delete Spam Posts   1.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   Bot Buster   1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.   Topic Limit On Board   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Advertisement: