News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Missing pictures

Started by pocttopus, January 05, 2018, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

That's not an SMF problem, the link to file sharing site is failing, nothing to do with the forum.  Link is not reaching the file, so there's no way to know if it's corrupt or not.  Either way, as per my earlier posts, don't believe corrupt files are causing the problem.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

I understand.
Is this the reason for not displaying the pictures? I am asking this because I don't know which way to go to solve my issue.  :-\

Sir Osis of Liver

The piwigo link has nothing to do with your attachments problem.  Your files may indeed be corrupt, but something else is preventing the forum from loading attachments into posts.  A corrupt attachment will not display in post, but the attachment link should still be there, and it was not in the example link you provided.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Of course, this image from earlier leads us to understand that there were over 2000 links to attachments, but the files weren't where they were supposed to be.

And if someone went ahead and tried to fix those errors, it might have removed the links.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

Yes, if I try to fix the errors, I will lose the links from attachments.  :-\
It's difficult to say what to do in such condition.   :(

a10

Relevant, or gives some ideas ? Long ago I went trough a (tedious) "repair attachments \ posts relationships" involving 1000's of attachments, worked perfect.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=335792.msg2260457#msg2260457

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=335792.msg2285999#msg2285999
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: pocttopus on March 06, 2018, 08:59:07 AM
Yes, if I try to fix the errors, I will lose the links from attachments.  :-\
It's difficult to say what to do in such condition.   :(
When the error says the images are no longer there, it means you should make sure the files are accessible, and in the right folder - so make sure your attachment settings, including the folder path is correct.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

I believe he's already lost the attachment links in the messages, the links should display whether or not the files or /attachments directory are present.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes, that is true - and I believe they may have been lost for some reason too. Just trying to explain the different errors.
The links a10 gave, might give ideas for how to go on from here.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

This is old topic and I don't know if this will be relevant information related to the issue with missing pictures.
Suddenly db version is 2.0.2. I'm little bit confused how can this be possible when every update was finished without any issues~!? :-\
Also how can upgrade db version!?

Arantor

There's no upgrade to do, the DB didn't change between 2.0.2 and 2.0.15 but if you really must change it, go to the smf_settings table, find the row with smfVersion in it and change it to 2.0.15.

Sir Osis of Liver

^ Hee, hee - making fudge, that's something Sir Osis would do.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As stated, the DB version is irrelevant in this case, and there is no need for further DB changes because of that "error".
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: