News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Missing pictures

Started by pocttopus, January 05, 2018, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: pocttopus on January 08, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
but the attachments are still missing.

Are the files in /attachments directory, or are they actually missing?  The photobucket problem is altogether different, it's on their end.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 08, 2018, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: pocttopus on January 08, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
but the attachments are still missing.

Are the files in /attachments directory, or are they actually missing?  The photobucket problem is altogether different, it's on their end.
The files are uploaded on the server but they are not viewable on the forum.

Arantor

Are you sure you downloaded all of the files with binary mode from the old provider and then reuploaded them, overwriting all the files you already had?

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on January 08, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
Are you sure you downloaded all of the files with binary mode from the old provider and then reuploaded them, overwriting all the files you already had?

making sure to upload them in binary mode as well.

pocttopus

Yes, I had uploaded them with Binary setting (Transfer -> Transfer type -> Binary) :-\

Arantor

Yes but did you re-download them from your original host in binary as well? They would have been corrupted on the original download - as well as corrupted on the upload.

pocttopus

Quote from: Arantor on January 08, 2018, 12:22:48 PM
Yes but did you re-download them from your original host in binary as well? They would have been corrupted on the original download - as well as corrupted on the upload.
Yes, they are also downloaded with Binary setting.  :-\

Illori

are you able to open up the files in an image viewer on your computer and they show up normally?

pocttopus

Quote from: Illori on January 08, 2018, 12:51:26 PM
are you able to open up the files in an image viewer on your computer and they show up normally?
Yes, I can see the pictures with IrfanView.
I get a warning that the files are .JPG and do I want to change the extension, but I can see them with IrfanView.

aegersz

if you go to "Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Browse Files" and click on them, do they display ?

if you then go from "Browse Files" to the "File Maintenance"tab then try the Attachment Integrity Check

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

pocttopus

Quote from: aegersz on January 08, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
if you go to "Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Browse Files" and click on them, do they display ?
No.
404 - Attachment Not Found

Quote from: aegersz on January 08, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
if you then go from "Browse Files" to the "File Maintenance"tab then try the Attachment Integrity Check
Yes, after this step if I return to "Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Browse Files" after I click on them the pictures are displayed on pop-up window.
But still they are not displayed in the posts.  :-[

aegersz

do you have dougies' mod "Posts and PM atttachments" on ?

if so, maybe remove it, try it and if it works then put it back on. i'm running out of ideas.

so you did clean up all your attachments and have the same count as the 'from' system's ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have a good database backup from previous host?  Did you trying checking all the boxes in Maintain Attachments and run fix?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

can you post the file PATH that you have for SMF directory under admin -> server settings -> database and paths

also post the file PATH for attachments from admin -> attachments and avatars -> attachment settings

i think your path for attachment is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

pocttopus

Quote from: aegersz on January 08, 2018, 08:53:23 PM
do you have dougies' mod "Posts and PM atttachments" on ?

if so, maybe remove it, try it and if it works then put it back on. i'm running out of ideas.

so you did clean up all your attachments and have the same count as the 'from' system's ?
No, I don't have that mod.
Here is the full list:

1.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags   1.9
2.   Activity Bar   1.1
3.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0
4.   Show JDALLAUI in Post and PM   1.4
5.   Label for banned members   1.0
6.   Users Online Today   2.1
7.   Reason For Editing Mod   2.3.3
8.   Expanding & Collapsing Off-Topic Tag   3.2
9.   Thumbnail Topic Mod   3.0.1
10.   Adk Float who   1.0
11.   Optimus   1.9.6
12.   Font AweaZome   1.2
13.   Share This Topic   4.1.2
14.   Forum Hit Hard Preventer   1.3
15.   SimplePortal   2.3.7
16.   Regbar Warning   1.0.5
17.   Tagging System   3.0.1
18.   SMF 2.0.14 Update   1.0
19.   Auto Twitter Embed   1.0.1
20.   SMF Theme Changer   1.0.1
21.   @mention members   1.1.2
22.   SMF Post Prefix   2.0.3
23.   dQuoteSelection   2.6.3
24.   Unknown Actions   1.3
25.   Social Login   3.5
26.   SEO Sitemap   2.2.1
27.   Welcome Topic Mod   2.3
28.   Avatars on Board/MessageIndex   1.8
29.   SMF Likes Plus   1.5
30.   PM Informer   4.0.1
31.   Yellow: Highlight Package On Hover   1.1.2

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 08, 2018, 09:12:21 PM
Do you have a good database backup from previous host?  Did you trying checking all the boxes in Maintain Attachments and run fix?
Actually the last backup from previous hosting is almost a year old.
I think I can check this on localhost.

Quote from: Illori on January 09, 2018, 05:11:48 AM
can you post the file PATH that you have for SMF directory under admin -> server settings -> database and paths

also post the file PATH for attachments from admin -> attachments and avatars -> attachment settings

Images removed at poster's request ~ Steve

pocttopus

aegersz

is there anything in your error log that is generated when you open a post with an attachment ?

OK, the attachments don't display but do they download when you click on them AND and can you view them once downloaded ?

what happens when you create a new post and add an attachment to it -- does it then display at least for that post ?

what bothers me is that you had a huge discrepancy when you fixed them via the Maintenance option - are you sure that you have the same amount of attachments in both systems ?

try to gather more symptoms and if we still get nowhere then maybe try the whole migration again ? 

Illori

Quote from: Illori on January 09, 2018, 05:11:48 AM

can you provide that information?

aegersz

Illori, he has done so already just a few posts back - see the pictures he provided

Illori

i missed that, and it does look like it should be correct given that the attachments folder is with a lowercase a.

Advertisement: