News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Maximum amount of emails to send per page load

Started by TMR Guy, May 06, 2018, 10:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMR Guy

My WebHost allows me to send 400 emails per hour. In the mail settings, in the Maximum emails to send per minute field I put 6 (360 an hour). What number should I enter in the Maximum amount of emails to send per page load field?

I did some searching and found a thread that was 8 years old and even read the online manual but I'm still a little lost.

Thanks in advance,

TMR Guy.

vbgamer45

I would put 6. Since unless your forum is busy the mail will only send when someone visits

The max email per limit setting stops the number of emails from exceeding other limits
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TMR Guy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 06, 2018, 04:43:59 PM
I would put 6. Since unless your forum is busy the mail will only send when someone visits

The max email per limit setting stops the number of emails from exceeding other limits
I did not know that, I thought it was automatic.

Thanks.

GigaWatt

Will mark this as solved. If you have any other questions regarding this problem, mark the thread as unsolved and post ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: