News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Board Color Options

Started by SaltedWeb, January 05, 2018, 05:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I have a support question for graphics elsewhere but then thought also a mod would be good.

In the past there mods that allowed color changes on texts.
The idea had been done before on older mods but nothing in about ten years. ( the included pic is from those)

The idea would be when a board is created a area to change the color there is already a setting to change theme in Board,
but having colors could direct specific topics. Almost every board in existence has a rules and regs or how to section but they are hard to see and even if placed at the top people half the time don't read them, perhaps though having board color would be helpful.

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Arantor

SaltedWeb

Thank You Arantor,  i'll give it a try on a test board.  :)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Update fore anyone else looking :

This mod seems compatible with 2.0.15 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3023
and I had these mods tested ok for me.
1.   Board-color-and-icons 1.1   
2.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.9   
3.   SimplePortal 2.3.7   
4.   Post Anonymously In Topic   2.7   
5.   Quick Ban on Account Delete 1.0.1   
6.   Ultimate Menu 1.0   
7.   Ohara YouTube Embed 1.2.9

Thank you again works as needed.

Solved :-)

Jeremy M.

Quote from: SaltedWeb on January 05, 2018, 10:32:05 PM
Update fore anyone else looking :

This mod seems compatible with 2.0.15 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3023
and I had these mods tested ok for me.
1.   Board-color-and-icons 1.1   
2.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.9   
3.   SimplePortal 2.3.7   
4.   Post Anonymously In Topic   2.7   
5.   Quick Ban on Account Delete 1.0.1   
6.   Ultimate Menu 1.0   
7.   Ohara YouTube Embed 1.2.9

Thank you again works as needed.

Solved :-)

Won't fully work on 2.0.15. Can change the color under Forum>Boards>Modify Boards .. Then i click on a board name, and insert a color or hex. It changes the color there, but will not show color on the actual forum.

Arantor

That may be because you changed themes and it isn't installed on any theme you installed after installing the mod.

Advertisement: