News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reverse "Deleted Member"

Started by Ronald_1938, January 06, 2018, 08:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

I have deleted a member on my forum. My question is : is there any possibility of reversing this..Like making changes in myadminphp or anything like that..

Or is this a done deal deleted stay deleted..

Thanks

Ron..

Sir Osis of Liver

I suppose it's possible, if you created a new member with same id_member, but don't recommend it.  If you didn't delete member's posts when you deleted the account, you could have member re-register, or register a new account manually, then reattribute his posts in Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Members, I think that should work.  Or, if you have a recent database backup from before deleting member, you could restore it, and lose whatever activity happened since.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

skb

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 06, 2018, 10:35:03 PM
Or, if you have a recent database backup from before deleting member, you could restore it, and lose whatever activity happened since.

If you have both the databases (current and past) is it possible to restore the past dB and then update it from the current one, without affecting the changes to the members table.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

By far the easiest and safest way would be to use the Reattribute User Posts feature in Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum maintenance -> Members.
You would not be able to bring back other than their posts and postcount though.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Ronald_1938

OK simple enough..I will try this.

Thanks

Ron..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do let us know if you need further assistance with that :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Ronald_1938

Advertisement: