News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post Karma

Started by nend, September 22, 2012, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confuseamuse

Hilariously, every part of this mod failed the installation. I'm using 2.0.14 on a not-so-heavily modded forum.

addlife

Quote from: rlh2006 on October 13, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
I started using this mod about a week ago. I like it but there are some minor issues that need a coding fix.

Issue I: Guest Browsers

Logged-in users see post karma (normally) as:

Guests sees the post karma in an odd way:

And there is an error constantly showing up in my log, which I think is related to guests browsing topics

Error: 8: Undefined index: karma
File: forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 498
Line Text ==>498: if ($message['member']['karma']['allow'])

Issue II: Posts that Remain from Deleted User Accounts

When logged-in users browse a post left over from a deleted account the following error is generated:

Error: 8: Undefined index: karma
File: forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 498
Line Text ==>498: if ($message['member']['karma']['allow'])

If any Simple Machines Hero could give a possible coding fix here I would surely appreciate it.

I seem to have a similar problem with how the post karma looks for guests. I'm also using the karma button mod so theres a thumbs up and a button that aren't displaying properly. Here's screenshots of guests view and logged in view

My question is would the fix that this user posted below also work for my theme or is it a custom fix for his site?

Also I have like 30,000 errors in my log (which I just checked for the first time due to OP's post) that says

"8192: Function create_function() is deprecated

File: /home/........../public_html/Sources/Subs.php "

Does this have anything to do with that?

addlife

Quote from: addlife on February 21, 2019, 03:58:53 AM
I seem to have a similar problem with how the post karma looks for guests. I'm also using the karma button mod so theres a thumbs up and a button that aren't displaying properly. Here's screenshots of guests view and logged in view

My question is would the fix that this user posted below also work for my theme or is it a custom fix for his site?

So just an update in case this will help anyone.

I used this updated package from this post and it's working for my site perfectly
Quote from: Lazarevics on November 11, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
here the full corrected package (tested)
thx rlh2006!

There was one issue though. My site has a responsive theme and the buttons covered the post timestamp when in mobile view. All I had to do to fix that was locate the buttons responsive css and change the position property from absolute to relative. That moved the buttons to the right corner of the post area and made it look good.

Heres a screenshot of mobile and desktop version of a guests view

Advertisement: