Is It Possible

Started by mitek, January 08, 2018, 03:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

Is it possible to send a copy of all pertinent logs to all administrators/gmods on a daily or weekly basis. Such as new members, bans etc

Version 2.0.14

Thanks you
KCF Private Forum

SaltedWeb

Which logs are you referring to ?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

aegersz

you can enable the notification of new members and i prefer to have a thread about who we banned, why and for how long.

i know this doesn't help but as the administrator, i keep that information to myself as i can see the logs of what they do.

i use Simple Portal to display the most recent members.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

mitek

I really appreciate the time you took to reply. That seems to be a minority feature of the community these days.

Basically I was wondering if there may be a way to create a spreadsheet or documents that would email certain admins on a weekly basis. This is in order to check the logs for inconsistencies, code errors, etc.

Some of our admins do not login a lot and I am assuming this way at least I can get logs to them so they see if there might be any shortcomings with any add ons or extensions. We have been having this intermittent issue that for whatever reason affects a few people at first and then gets worse as time goes on.

We begin uninstalling mods and eventually will hit on teh correct one. The problem with this is, it will be a different mod than the LAST one that seemed to cause the exact same problem.

The issue always begins with the same 5 or 10 members (exactly 3 second page load times which increases to 6 second page load times) , and does not affect me at all, until much later on (like weeks later)

I was therefore hoping getting all logs to all teh admins where we all could look at them simultaneously would maybe help us discover why this particular problem is happening.

Version 2.0.14.. last time it was the update to 2.0.15 that caused the problem we believe BUT we arent 100% sure.

Its maddening to say the least in a 4000 member forum running on its own dedicated server.

Anyway thanks fr your help. Im not sure anyone can help with this problem, its just so out there and different than anything else I have ever seen.

Mike
KCF Private Forum

SaltedWeb

Hmmmm,

I was wondering if you setup a separate group just for reporting it, and added the appropriate people to it then just copy and pasted the logs and then send them to that group in a newsletter. that way it would show up and you would only have to copy paste the logs you could also try sending them in a PM to each person. Also you could setup a only visible to group board and copy past to there .
You could in the last idea just send out a newsletter with a link to that board so they could at leisure see it.
I know its not what you are exactly looking for but was the only work around I could think of.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What you are asking is not built in to SMF, and if it were it would probably only make your current vague load time problem worse than it is.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: