News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Session verification failure, can't get in as admin

Started by MensaMod, January 10, 2018, 12:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, am familiar with that.  If you select the second option, it downloads a sql dump to your computer, and I believe it will only restore it to the original location.  You would have to import the dump using phpmyadmin or a third party utility like MySQLDumper.  If you're on a shared host, phpmyadmin will probably choke on a 50mb+ dump.  The usual route is to have host support import the db, but that apparently didn't work for you. I'm not entirely convinced that your session verification fail is a database problem.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MensaMod

Sorry, yes it is but other projects have gotten in the way of my following up on y'all's suggestions.  I plan to

• remove a level of indirection by re-rooting the sandbox filesystem to our /home directory
  • try using that myPHPadmin copy function to refresh the sandbox database
Won't be able to get to that until this weekend.  Will report when I have some results.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Alright, let us know when you get to it, and of course if you hit further issues along the way :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: