News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic to URL

Started by SaltedWeb, January 16, 2018, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Not sure that its possible, in a boards topic can it be send to an URL?
I am constructing HTML pages that I would like a topic to go to but don't see anything that would allow that .
I have tried creating a HTML in the post but doesn't transfer well and get 403 errors.
I may be wrong and is why I am asking here.

Thanks

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Arantor

Not in the core, it's kind of messy to do under the hood.

Why would you want to do this? There's almost certainly a better way.

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2018, 02:12:40 PM
Not in the core, it's kind of messy to do under the hood.
Why would you want to do this? There's almost certainly a better way.

I am sure there is a better way, my brain is kinda foggy today must be the weather or lack of sleep.
I was wanting to put HTML in a post and have a couple links in the post. I thought for sure I did this before
but get a 403 error code when I use HTML bracketed [html][/html]that way.  Didnt think it used to do that.
Originally I was just trying to link words without the whole string showing up.
But wasn't able to work it out without adding it in a URL it would show the whole link.
Its a new install basically and no errors.  Stayed up late got up early two cups coffee and didnt seem to clear the bugs out.

Its probably and easy thing, but I am drawing a blank. Maybe its a three Java cup day  :o

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Oh gees I'm an idiot I didn't enable HTML duh..

WOW.... ok put the keyboard down and step away LOL.

Gees  :P Obviously solved...... :o :o :o

Advertisement: