News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pruning error logs.

Started by landyvlad, January 24, 2018, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

SMF 2.0.15

I have a lot of errors, as they are set to prune mostly at 180 days.

Is it possible / how would I go about pruning all errors prior to a certain date?

The 'select all' actually only selects the errors on the visible page. And with 16,972 pages, that isn't going to happen!

I tried setting auto-prune to 10 days and saved it but it didn't do anything.

Thoughts.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

aegersz

Make sure that the "Enable pruning of log entries" box is checked.

Does the following resemble your setting ?

"Remove error log entries older than 10 days"

If that all looks good then delete all of them, start with a clean slate and observe.

Check that your Scheduled Maintenance tasks are running as expected - they are logging also.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

From memory, so the path may be a little off, but try
Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum -> Routine -> Empty all unnecessary logs.

Do note however, that at that volume I would not think the error log unnecessary. You should keep an eye on it after you've emptied it.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

Aleksi - OK I did that, thanks I'll keep an eye out.

aegersz - well it's back at 90, but yes that box was already ticked.
I was hoping it would be clever and immediately prune everything already in the log that was 90 days or older.
But evidently not.

That's OK now that its all pruned (as per Aleksi's suggestion) I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

:)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

vbgamer45

If you are getting errors you should look into the cause and correct them.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

Indeed and I'll see what pops up, and post a thread seeking advice when the timecomes, cheers.

Advertisement: