forum pages not displaying correctly.

Started by 2icemen, January 13, 2018, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2icemen

This all started on the 11th. Suddenly trying to go to another page on my forum it reverts back to the page I left.
sometimes I can get on other times I'm stuck at the login screen.
the urls seem to change correctly to the proper addresses the forum just doesn't display the correct page and usually loops back to where I was.
I've had Godaddy look into it and they suggested seeing if there were any suggestions here.
I've not seen any issues like this reported so I'm stumped.
Goddady says the server is fine.
I'm running version 2.0.11
Interesting if I rename a SMF back up file(doesn't matter which one) I can proceed to the next page on my forum.
using this I was able to log into the admin pages and do maintenance and backups (none of which helped)
which make me think it is an issue on the server end and not SMF.
Any suggestions are most welcome

2icemen

I got a PHPInfo.php uploaded http://tuicemen.com/forum/phpinfo.php [nofollow]
the forum is @ http://tuicemen.com/forum [nofollow]
I reverted to the default theme thinking that may help but it hasn't.

aegersz

works ok for me so maybe clear browser cookies and cache ?

easy to do and worth a try
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm getting a message that forum is down, being redirected to http://forums.x10.com/.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

2icemen

Quote from: aegersz on January 13, 2018, 02:08:04 PM
works ok for me so maybe clear browser cookies and cache ?

easy to do and worth a try
your the first to report that. How many pages did you try loading? Sometimes I can do 3 or 4 but that's the max before it stops.
Just noticed the home button seems to work most of the time but not always
This is really frustrating even Godaddy sees this and said it was that SMF changed something.
I think it was Friday and they just wanted to go home. ??? ::)
Clearing browser cookies and cache has no affect but then I didn't expect it would as I have the same thing happening on other PCS and different browsers.
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 13, 2018, 02:50:17 PM
I'm getting a message that forum is down, being redirected to http://forums.x10.com/. [nofollow]

I had the redirect up while scanning files.

Sir Osis of Liver

First 3-4 links worked, now every link remains on same topic page.  Looks like PHPSESSID is in the middle of every url.  Running any mods?  Did you change anything?

- R. Waters

2icemen

I am running a few Spam mods however I haven't changed anything has been running fine for over a year.
Only approved or rejected new members
Thursday night this started.

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy has been moving accounts to different servers, some have been damaged and they're stonewalling account owners.  Just took a look at your site in FF, and it's stuck on same page I last saw it in IE.  All urls look like this -

http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=uksqain54er8ltoh1du4kh2t90&action=register

They all go to same topic.  Never seen that before, but best guess is it's a server glitch.

- R. Waters

2icemen

That's what I suspected and had hoped it would clear up.
Spent 3 hours in chat with support yesterday.
Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday and get on them again.

Sir Osis of Liver

Now it's displaying Admin -> Package Manager -> Installed Packages, and I'm seeing Tuicemen logged in up top.  You only have three mods installed, I would upload the 2.0.15 large upgrade package, see what happens.  Don't think that'll fix it, but you'll have a clean install, current version.

- R. Waters

a10

Same here! Something is seriously wrong. After a little navigating then suddenly ended up seemingly logged in

Tuicemen
Show unread posts since last visit
etc

and looking at "View and Remove Installed Packages"
url: hxxp://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=packageget;get;e337cca2ce8f=13edd69264edbb1d4e7e741884ea8ac1

I'd first suspect some horrendous caching going on, maybe ask F**kupdaddy to investigate that.

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Sir Osis of Liver

Everyone sees the same page, and every link goes there, but it's changed since an hour or so ago.  Varnish caching was causing some bizarre problems, but nothing like this, and I don't remember seeing it on any GD accounts.

If cpanel is working BACKUP YOUR DATABASE.

- R. Waters

a10

Getting better... now, on /forum/index.php it opened the complete list of Announcements :O)

Quotewindow.smfAnnouncements = [
   {
      subject: 'SMF 2.0.15 has been released',
      href: 'https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=557176.0',
      time: 'November 19, 2017, 09:03:58 PM',
      author: 'Colin',
      message: 'A patch has been released, addressing a few vulnerabilities in SMF 2.0.14 and fixing several bugs as well. We urge all forum administrators to upgrade as soon as possible. Just visit the package manager to install the patch.'
   },
   {
      subject: 'SMF 2.1 Beta 3 released',
      href: 'https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554301.0',
      time: 'May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM',
      author: 'Colin',
      message: 'Simple Machines is proud to announce the third beta of the next version of SMF, which contains many bugfixes and a few new features since 2.1 Beta 2.'
   },
etc etc
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm seeing the board index, and theme has changed from Curve to BacknBlack. :o

- R. Waters

2icemen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 13, 2018, 05:22:24 PM
I'm seeing the board index, and theme has changed from Curve to BacknBlack. :o

yes changed it to that as that was what was running when this all started Changed to the default in case that was screwing things but that wasn't it.
I tryed creating a new temp forum but that has failed ON gdaddy even using their SFM installer so something is messed up with the server

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you clear forum cache via ftp or file manager?  Delete all files in /cache except .htaccess and index.php.

- R. Waters

2icemen

that's all that is displaying other then two directory's temp and perm

Sir Osis of Liver

I would put the forum in maintenance mode, it just displayed your profile account settings.  Set $maintenance = 1 in Settings.php.  May not work, server appears to be randomly tossing up pages.

- R. Waters

2icemen

lurkalot

Just out of interest, could you try turning off SMF Caching, (if it's turned on).

Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Caching. set the SMF caching level to No caching

Had some really strange results on three of my sites with this turned on, and so has someone else that I know of. 

Advertisement: