making it so there's no 'edit by' message

Started by glamfelix, January 13, 2018, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glamfelix

So, we don't want to turn it all the way off, but we want to make it so that say when an admin edits a message, it doesn't show any edit message. The few mods I found weren't for that exactly as it was more that they'd only hide the message FOR admins. we're using SMF 2.0.12

Xad

Regards.
If what you want is that when an Admin or a Moderator edits a message, do not leave under the sign of '' Edited by '' I think you do not need any Mod.
SMF brings that option, I do not remember if it is in the configuration of the Theme that you are using, or in the administration panel. In the same way I will look for the place where the option is, to be more exact.
´´No conozco la clave del éxito; lo que sí sé es que la clave del fracaso es tratar de complacer a todo el mundo´´

aegersz

is this is what you want ? "A simple mod that hides all admin edits"

Disable 'last edit by....' for Administrators http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3016

I have Post History Core Feature enabled and regular members can't see it anyway.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

glamfelix

No, like I said in the post--I want it so NO members can see the edit line. Making it so Admins can't see the edit line doesn't have a purpose to me, so Xad is on the right track there--I have been looking for that in our admin settings but haven't yet come across it, unfortunately.  I hope I just overlooked it, because that would certainly be easier than trying to see if there's a mod for the specific thing. Granted if there isn't a mod for it, that's probably because it exists already for SMF.

aegersz

that's what it does, it is just worded poorly - i have just tested it for you (only admins can see the Last Edit) and regular members can't.

unless i am going nuts, never rule that out :P

Note, it is possible that SMF is doing it anyway but why not install it and see ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

br360

What that mod does is disable the "last edited by:" line for admins; so when an admin edits any post, there is no record of it showing to any one.

aegersz

Quote from: br360 on January 13, 2018, 01:47:49 PM
What that mod does is disable the "last edited by:" line for admins; so when an admin edits any post, there is no record of it showing to any one.

so isn't that what the OP wants ?

br360

Yes ;)

Just verifying that the link you posted above will do exactly what he wants

aegersz

don't you love the way the OP didn't bother to read my reply properly, showed no gratitude for my time spent installing and testing it and then never came back to read your response either ?

maybe i am being snarky but i'm in that sort of a mood  >:(

br360

Or maybe he just logged off 17 minutes before your reply to him and hasn't been back on to respond to either of us yet ;)

aegersz

true ... to read your response but he has already processed my first reply. i don't mind, the mod's description is confusing and i'm killing time anyway.

i'm only complaining to you for no good reason other than you verified my story ... it's all good.

Steve

@ glamfelix - please update your forum. You're three versions behind and there have been some important security fixes.
DO NOT pm me for support!

glamfelix

Well, I have my own reasons for not being on the site that often. Won't bother defending them to you, though thank you for the clarification and then edit of your message so I know what you mean. I did indeed read your reply, but your reply didn't exactly discredit the terrible wording of the mod creator, so I assumed you, like many others, just didn't read into what I wanted. Thanks for your complaint.

We'll be working on it, Steve.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

all good bro' - glad you eventually found what you wanted.

Advertisement: