News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question regarding Display 2.0.15

Started by Kathryn_, January 14, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

I want to display my common creations license in the space Below the Preview and Post buttons and before credits  I also wish to provide a link to Adobe for a reader. I am copying my current ebook site by hand to smf 2.0.15   I woul think on PHP that it would go on the display page of the theme? Also can I kindly while getting accustomed to SMF get the codes to use for :

To read one of our e-books on your device or in your browser
You will need to download the free PDF reader from here: Adobe

and the license I can work with the links if I just know how to present the image what codes echo or just img scr ?

The address is https://topbooks.roseweb.net

Its only being developed which would explain the blank categories..   :)

thank you so much  :)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kathryn_

I did use boilerplate but I cannot place it on the section I wish  Its Ok though I can work with what I have. It would be easier however if I could permanently write it to a page so that it would be on all pages at the very bottom of the post 

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you want a notice visible inside topics only, you could add it to display.template after the actual contents.
If you want it handy on ALL pages, you could just edit index.template to include it at the bottom of the page, before the copyright information.
These would mean manual editing though, or perhaps creative usage of an ad management mod?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Seriously, the boilerplate mod does exactlay what she has asked for....   if the only issue is the location of the boilerplate text, then post in the mod support thread  (hint, just edit the call for the text in post.template.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kathryn_

I love the boilerplate mod.. It works great for posting .. I am enjoying it its just as easy as the mod I used on another software that I had to configure.. This is just push and go  It looks fine.. take a look if you want:

TopBooks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kathryn_

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, it is marked solved now - I'm fairly sure it wasn't when I asked.

Sorry for the confusion :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: