News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.13 upgrade to 2.0.14 fails

Started by RFD, January 15, 2018, 09:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

did the package upgrade within the database and after running it there is no forum access ...

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

"There has been a problem with the database!
This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues."

i can access the server and the previous "/Packages/backups/2018-01-15_before_smf_patch_2.tar.gz" - how to revert back?

Illori

try changing the password for the database and updating it in Settings.php, that may fix it up.

RFD

Quote from: Illori on January 15, 2018, 09:10:13 AM
try changing the password for the database and updating it in Settings.php, that may fix it up.

changed password, added new dba user, updated Settings.php, none of that allows db access, forum still down.

how to revert back to 2.0.13?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: RFD on January 15, 2018, 09:05:10 AM
did the package upgrade within the database
What does this mean?  Installing upgrade with package manager does not involve database.

i can access the server and the previous "/Packages/backups/2018-01-15_before_smf_patch_2.tar.gz" - how to revert back?
Download, unzip, upload to forum root.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

RFD

thanx, the backup data worked perfectly.

Illori

did you finish the upgrade? you need to for security.

RFD

no, right now i'm SMF upgrade shy. 

since there's a an even later release (2.0.15) what's the safest, surest way to upgrade to 15 from 13?  what are the requirements to upgrade 13 to either 14 or 15?

Illori

we recommend upgrading via the package manager. which means installing each patch in order.

RFD

i need to upgrade to php 5.5 ... in the process.  then i'll make the upgrades happen.

Advertisement: