News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

database error unknown column 'join reason' in 'field list'

Started by sam casey, January 15, 2018, 06:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam casey

Database Error
Unknown column 'join_reason' in 'field list'
File: /home1/boxkings/public_html/satelliteboxinfoco/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 818

hi guys ive already had some great help here on a few different issues , and im back again . my friend runs 3 forums from the same host account , the account allows multiple site installs / multiple domains .

so site number 1 the main site is thankfully fine , we had what we call a mirror site (copy of the main site ) which is site number 2 , all tho it no longer is a copy of the main site . and we have site number 3 which is a brand new install , it had a few issues that seem to be now resolved FINGERS CROSSED lol .

so the error above is from site number 2 , the site that we call the mirror site . as such the site seems to run ok , but when we try to register someone manually via the admin control panel the registration fails and the above error appears . also ive tested and tried to register in the conventional way that a new person would use to register on a forum and there is an error with that also .

we did also get the error saying our database was version 2.0.9 and that our smf version is 2.013 and that the database may need upgrading . however we decided that we could try reverting back to smf 2.0.9 as a test to see if it cured the error , it did but there is still the error at the very top of the post here , and registrations as i said will not work .

id appreciate any help on this matter . i have spent days reading through many posts on this forum , and i feel im learning something every post i read , which is a credit to the great people here . there are similar sort of error message posts i guess but not quite the same , so i just thought ill post about this error and i hope someone can point me in the right direction . thanks in advance for any help guys .

Sir Osis of Liver

join_reason is not a core field, it was added either by a mod or advanced profile fields.  You would need the same mod or profile field on both installs.  Don't worry about database version error, there are no changes to database in 2.0 branch.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

sam casey

thanks for your reply . sorry can you be a bit more specific ? . can you hazzard a guess as to what mod might be the cause ?. im looking at mods that might relate to join reason in some way , which seems to be member related . and all i can see that might come close are these

default_member group
referrals system

here is a list of all mods listed

Mod Name    Version    
1.    SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update    1.0    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Mentions    1.1.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Like Posts    1.5    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Country Flags    2.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Quick Ban on Account Delete    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    NChat    1.3.2    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Dizzy Smileys    0.5.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    SMFBlog    2.0    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Default_Membergroup    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Move Old Topics    1.3.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Simple Audio Video Embedder    2.5.1    [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    EzPortal    3.0.3a    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    AlphaCentauri    1.01    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    Simple Audio Video Embedder    2.5a    [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Team Page    3.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    AvatarSelect    1.2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.    SA Chat    1.0a1 Rev120    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.    SimplePortal    2.3.5    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.    Forum Firewall    2.0.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.    Full Top 10 Stats    1.0    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.    SA Chat    0.1.5 Rev110    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.    SMF 2.0.14 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.    SMF 2.0.12 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
28.    nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox    1.22    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
29.    @mention members    1.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
30.    Member Color Link    3.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
31.    Referrals System    3.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
32.    SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.4    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
33.    SMF 2.0.13 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
34.    Downloads System    2.1a    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
35.    SA Chat    0.1.1 Rev101    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
36.    SMF 2.0.14 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
37.    Simple Youtube Video Embedder/BBC    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
38.    SMF 2.0.7 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
39.    SMF 2.0.8 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Mod Name    Version    
1.    Tom and Jerry Avatars    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Blacy E. Avatars    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Final Fantasy VII Avatars    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Final Fantasy IX Avatars    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

what do you mean by i would need the same mod or profile field on both installs ? .

i understand about the database error as that has been mentioned in several posts that ive read . thanks for your help .

Illori

is it possible you have had the join reason mod installed in the past? if so that mod may have left a column behind in your members table. can you check your members table in the database to see if join_reason column is present?

sam casey

sam casey

hi guys here is the update to the above problem .

i tried the logs and there was absolutely no error listed , in fact the only errors listed were from a few days back . i found also that my co admin had uninstalled a mod while i was away at work , sadly that caused a white screen again . but as above not a single error was in the log which i dont understand .

so at this point as i had a backup for that forum i decided a new smf 2.0.15 install may be the easiest and best solution . ive done that . and the new smf install is using the old backup . the old backup is a tad older its i believe from memory smf 2.0.9

the site is running , the database is working , all members are listed , all boards and posts are there , i can access admin cp , and i even tested a new test registration and it worked .

however there is a problem , the site is not displaying correctly . its got a white background , and all of the option normally along the top of forum such as home , admin , moderate ,profile , members etc etc is all down along the left side of screen , i can see board names etc etc but as above nothing displays correctly . and no ez blocks display either . i have tried themes etc .

i have ran repair_settings.php but there is nothing i can see nothing wrong with it paths and urls wise , atleast nothing that jumps up at me . except that in repair settings php the themes all seem to be the old themes and not the new such as the default smf 2.0.15 curve theme .

i know you guys have already been great helping me , cant thank you enough , but if anyone can tell me what im missing here it would be excellent . thanks in advance .

Sir Osis of Liver

If you uploaded a clean set of 2.0.15 files, Curve and Core themes will be current.  Version number varies in theme files depending on when they were last updated.  If you're getting all text and no graphics or formatting, css is not being found, repair_settings should fix this.  Can you post or pm link to repair_settings on your install?

- R. Waters

Illori

please dont post a link to repair_settings.php as it contains your database username and password.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

sam casey

ok thanks ill pm you the link to repair settings . i have looked in there and while it doesnt seem quite right in look to me (i cant quite figure your out why ) it does so far as i can see have the correct settings . so far as i can see . just give me a minute and i will pm you . and thanks again .

sam casey

Sir Osis of Liver

Got you running in Curve.  repair_settings is calling it Core, don't know why but it's easy to fix.  Core theme has apparently been removed.  There are no recommended settings for the other themes, did you uninstall or delete them?  Other than that forum appears to be running ok.  Check everything.  Going offline shortly, be back on tomorrow.

- R. Waters

sam casey

sir osis thank you , i wondered why curve wasnt the default , thought it may just be down to the old database i used .

i noticed no recommended settings for other themes also , i thought that was strange . maybe the other admin removed themes . ill check that with him .

can i ask you how you changed the setting from core to curve ? just for my own experience as im still very much learning .

thanks again so much for your help .

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Where are we with this? :) Ready to mark this solved, or are there still issues to tackle?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sam casey

Advertisement: