News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Does Youtube Videos Linked Put a Heavy Load on Hosting server?

Started by SaltedWeb, January 15, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I was curious.... Does Youtube Videos Linked Put a Heavy Load on Hosting server?

I have never had a complaint from a host but doing a search here at SMF and on the Net I find very little information
on what is actually occurring when a link to Youtube is played thru my forums.
I know pictures if on my server do use resources but what is used when it just played here how much cache is used?
Or is it negligible.?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

Puts no load at all. Everything is from youtube and the users browser.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2018, 11:22:40 PM
This, but you may want to keep in mind that having many videos (like 10 or more) on one page may put a lot of stress on the users browser, and overall performance will suffer this way as well.   
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 16, 2018, 12:26:46 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2018, 11:22:40 PM
This, but you may want to keep in mind that having many videos (like 10 or more) on one page may put a lot of stress on the users browser, and overall performance will suffer this way as well.   

Great point why I don't see that happening the user end is a good to know...
Thank you both for the responses got my answers :-)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Advertisement: