News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there a way to disable all User info shown? ( from guests )

Started by SaltedWeb, January 15, 2018, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Is there a way to disable all User info shown? From Guests ..( edit )

I just would like the user name and the avatar only to show for Guest.
Like in the pic included just two circled areas on my forum .. thanks.

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I don't think what you are asking is possible from the default settings, but then again I don't think it would be too difficult to add a check there to hide certain parts of the display from guests. Just make a check for $context['user']['is_logged'] in display.template.php I think.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

if you dont show who made a reply it will be more difficult to follow a topic. this would not make me want to register to make it easier either.

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Illori on January 16, 2018, 05:09:05 AM
if you dont show who made a reply it will be more difficult to follow a topic. this would not make me want to register to make it easier either.

Maybe its a bad idea, I saw forum where it was like that pretty clean looking but after sleeping on the idea I realized that I am seeing it different because I have been using SMF since 2005 lol, so my perspective might not be that of someone joining or new. Appreciate that insight on this . Thanks Lex for the response as well sounds like that idea would work.
Sorry didn't mean to waste anyones time, after reading this and thinking it over.. probably not a great idea.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Advertisement: