News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to reduce free space?

Started by bharat, January 17, 2018, 04:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

Look for .poster in your css file and add:

max-height: 200px; /* or whichever other size */
overflow: auto;

But, besides looking ugly, I'm sure no one will ever bother to see what is beyond the scroll again. I'd keep it in the signature area or the profile (if the mod has that option) and be done with it, that's a much better place for that :P
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

bharat

I had to change some code in the templates to be able to shift it to the signature area, it looks much better indeed. If I try to change settings you meantioned now which changes it will add to the site?

Gwenwyfar

The changes above will simply add a scrollbar in the profile area. Anything that gets bigger than the specified size won't be displayed unless the user scrolls.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

bharat

I see, will check it out anyway. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: bharat on January 19, 2018, 08:54:33 AM
How could I do that? Maybe I can try and see if it looks better or not. Anyway I am looking for the best option so that it is comfortable for the forum members.
This would somewhat depend on your theme. I see guests can't access your topics, so it's hard to give very exact directions.
I do however think you could use CSS to limit the height and set the overflow property to scroll.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: