News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Connection Problems

Started by Adanademir01, January 17, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adanademir01

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I know this topic has been discussed many times. But I could not. Please help me. İ m using godaddy

Sir Osis of Liver

Please don't pm for support, you'll get better results posting here.

GoDaddy has been migrating accounts to different servers and trashing many forums.  If you haven't changed anything, it's likely this is the cause.  You'll need to confirm your database credentials, especially server address ($db_server in Settings.php).  GD support will probably tell you it's not their problem, ask them to bump you up to higher level support.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Adanademir01

I wrote another part, but they moved it here.

I changed the php password yesterday. Then I downloaded some UTF-8 files because I was having problems with Turkish characters. I uploaded the file and I am renewed. Now I am facing this problem. Could you please help me?  :-\

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Adanademir01 on January 17, 2018, 01:52:12 PM
I wrote another part, but they moved it here.

I changed the php password yesterday. Then I downloaded some UTF-8 files because I was having problems with Turkish characters. I uploaded the file and I am renewed. Now I am facing this problem. Could you please help me?  :-\
I'm sorry to say I am having a bit of trouble trying to understand you.
What did you do exactly when this started, or did it happen unexpectedly when you were not doing anything?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Adanademir01

Yesterday i changed some files :( now not working... I think I have a backup. How do I load the backup? :-\

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What is repair_settings.php?
Start by checking your settings. Is your DB info correct?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Adanademir01

Yes my DOB correct. Only English and computer knowledge is not very good

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You say you changed a password, what password and where did you change it?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Adanademir01

Yesterday I changed the Mysql database password.

br360

Did you make sure that new database password was also changed in your settings.php?

Adanademir01

Yes i changed but still same :(

Adanademir01

İ did bro thank you! :)

1- I changed the Godaddy Mysql database password.
2- I downloaded the filezilla and connected the server.
3- I downloaded the Settings.php file and opened it with notepad ++.
4- Godaddy mysql database password '' $ db_passwd = 'HERE! '; i wrote
5- I applied the same process to settings_bak.php.
6 - Filezilla is renewed and my site is active again! Thank you

Advertisement: