Trying to use multiple servers to serve forums

Started by Klajdi, January 17, 2018, 03:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klajdi

Hi,
It seems that our host is having attacks, and I was wondering whether there is a way to upload the smf forum to multiple servers, and if the server goes down I just change the Ip in the DNS records, or even use a CDN. Im thinking of using a separate server for database only, however Im not sure how I am going to figure out the rest. Im guessing that its not as easy as just uploading files to another server. And yes, its not very dynamic either, but its one of the few choices I have. And, do you think I should actually do this, or just change host?
The server has been down for like 2 days so its kinda frustrating for me.
Thanks in advance.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Klajdi on January 17, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
Hi,
It seems that our host is having attacks, and I was wondering whether there is a way to upload the smf forum to multiple servers, and if the server goes down I just change the Ip in the DNS records, or even use a CDN. Im thinking of using a separate server for database only, however Im not sure how I am going to figure out the rest. Im guessing that its not as easy as just uploading files to another server. And yes, its not very dynamic either, but its one of the few choices I have. And, do you think I should actually do this, or just change host?
The server has been down for like 2 days so its kinda frustrating for me.
Thanks in advance.
2 days downtime? Start planning to change hosts I'd say.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: