News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

STARTAZA: alternative Log-in Box is not functioning

Started by legaziofunk, January 18, 2018, 09:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legaziofunk

Dear SMF-people,

(stats see signature)

after installing STARTAZA and starting at SMF main page to log-in, there is an alternative Log-in-box on the right-hand side.

It sports all necessary log-in fields and looks quite similar to what is shown at the same time in the middle of the screen: the actual log-in box.

Besides the in my humble opinion uselessness of this box, it is also not working.

When using the alternative on the right by entering all profile data (name and pass) correctly, there is an error showing up:
"Ihre Sitzung ist während des Schreibens abgelaufen. Bitte gehen Sie zurück und versuchen Sie es erneut." (the board is in German)

This  goes along those lines: "The session has timed out. Please go back and try again."

When hitting "back" underneath that very message, I'll be directed to the startpage again, seeing a warning ("only registered users have access....") and the centered log-in box as well as the aforementioned alternative version on the right. The latter still having my profile name in it - which temps any user to try it again in that very box, which, of course, will lead to nothing but another of the same error message I have talked about.

Can this be
- fixed or
- the box entirely deleted?

OR: What is the very use of this box anyways?

Thanx!
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

Shambles

Might be better asking in the support/comments topic so the theme author (or other Startaza users) can help:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=557598.0

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

legaziofunk

Quote from: Kindred on January 18, 2018, 02:41:30 PM
or https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Thanx, but what does that mean exactly?
What am I supposed to do?
Just copy and paste that code into every of the mentioned .php-files? No?

But how do I recognize if the file has a login form?
And what does "along with the other "hidden" input types" mean?
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

Deaks

in really simple ways the theme has not been updated to 2.0.15 albeit the author claiming it has on theme site.  You need to update the login box with that code, look for similar line and replace it.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

nilar

In fact this was already resolved some time ago and current version should work properly with SMF 2.0.15

Advertisement: