Odd Theme Behavior

Started by SaltedWeb, January 18, 2018, 06:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Ok so I installed a new theme to try it out it installed no errors I switched to the theme, no show.
So.

I dumped browser cache, no change,
restarted browser after dumping no change.

Installed it on two others forums its shows up fine and my phone and in three browsers including Chrome with two other domains.
So I tried the site on other browsers and it shows but wont on chrome.

So I tried three sites all have the same mods and two out of three in Chrome showed up fine one wont.
I dumped the cache in the forum no dice. I removed the theme, and then deleted all files on server for it.
Dumped cache rebooted the browser installed the theme, dumped cache restarted browser and still no show
yet in the same browser I can have it show on two other domains. 

I am puzzled whats up, if it was Chrome why is chrome working on two near identical sites install wise (diff topics and posts ).

Scratching head, normally this is never an issue as I have been doing these easy steps by the hundreds over the years and can't figure why it wont clear on that one site ???

None of the sites are new so its not a propagation issues .... and sites work fine other then this issue. I tried a different theme
and it didn't change so not the specific theme hmmmmm 
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Gwenwyfar

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

SaltedWeb

Specifically it will show the theme in the list , but the theme its self won't change in the forum. But it will in other browsers.
Even rebooted and ran a cache cleaner and I changed the theme and it will show on other browsers but not Chrome.
However the kicker is Chrome will show similar domains changing theme was just fine. It actually makes no sense in that behavior.
One would think if Chrome was acting up it would effect all domains trying to update the themes. They all have the same mods and SMF versions.
:o :o
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Solved,

I even tried logging out of my Google account and back in no luck.

But then I realized the forum had me logged in so I logged out and at once the new theme was scene.

Not sure what that was doing but appears to have worked.

Advertisement: