News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email to all zero post count members ? Last active date list?

Started by landyvlad, January 18, 2018, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I have about 400 (half of the membership) with a zero post count.
Some are dodgy but the bulk, based on previous experience, may well be legit lurkers.

Is there a way I can send an email / newsletter to all members of the forum with a ZERO post count, but not the others?

Also is there a way (rather than going into each of those profiles) to get a report of last active date?
If they have never posted and never been active I could probably kill them off.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You could create a postcount group for this. First group 0 posts, second group 1 post. Then you can use the first group to send a newsletter to users who have never posted anything.

Also, I think the admin side memberlist allows you to sort users by registration date or last active date, I've sometimes used it myself to prune inactive users that haven't visited the forum in a long time.

There is also mod called Email inactive users, that kind of combines these features automatically. 
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

br360

From the wiki-

QuoteIf you would like to send a newsletter to users in a particular post count group, you need to enable permissions for post count groups in Admin > Permissions > Settings > Enable permissions for post count based groups.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:News_and_newsletters

That will send newsletters to specific post count groups, so you can do as Lex suggested and create a new zero post count group

QuoteAlso, I think the admin side memberlist allows you to sort users by registration date or last active date

Yes, there is an option to search by last active in admin> members> View all members

landyvlad

Thanks all for your reponses.

Yep I knew I could sort by last active etc, but was hoping I coulld send an email to people last active before a certain date... doesn't matter though.

As to the idea of a zero post count member group... why the heck didn't I think of that?  It should do the trick well. Thanks :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Illori

Quote from: br360 on January 19, 2018, 12:05:00 AM
That will send newsletters to specific post count groups, so you can do as Lex suggested and create a new zero post count group

by default in SMF there is always a post count group for those with 0 posts, you dont need to create one.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Illori on January 19, 2018, 05:12:58 AM
Quote from: br360 on January 19, 2018, 12:05:00 AM

by default in SMF there is always a post count group for those with 0 posts, you dont need to create one.
I do believe the default newbie group includes all members with under 50 posts, so this is why the one extra group.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

newbie is all users from 0 posts up to 49 jr. member from 50 until 100.
SMF by default has to have a group for 0 posts or bad things will happen.

you can add a group for users with 1+ posts but you cannot add a group for users with 0 posts as one already exists.

Arantor

Not even 'by default'. SMF *has* to have this otherwise really bad things happen.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And that is what I was aiming at. :) You need a new post count group to limit the first group to only 0 post members.
Granted, I might have not made that very clear that I meant the 1 post limit as the new group, not the 0 post limit.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

Well I succesfully managed to create  new post count group for 1-49 post members, leaving a 0 post count group so all seems to have been done correctly.  Ta muchly.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: