Display in mobile version

Started by Greek, January 18, 2018, 04:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek

SMF 2.1.3b

As you see there is a empty spase in the right side. How to enlarge columns, in order to move moderation icons to the right and topic title to have more space?

Antes

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/archive/release-2.1.zip try this version and let me know if its happening still. If its still happening please also add your device settings (resolution size etc...)

Greek

Thanks for the answer.

I would prefer a manual edit if it is possible. I have already customized the default theme and so far works smoothly. I wouldn't like to start from the begining again.

My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Arantor

Quote from: Greek on January 18, 2018, 05:05:13 AM
Thanks for the answer.

I would prefer a manual edit if it is possible. I have already customized the default theme and so far works smoothly. I wouldn't like to start from the begining again.

My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Given that it is still a beta and subject to changes, this is strongly not recommended.

I've literally been a theme dev during 2.1 beta period and it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to maintain it.

Greek

Yes I know that. The main reason that I jumbed to this beta version was because it offers a default responsive layout (previews versions looks ver ugly in mobile phones). I tried a lot of responsive themes in 2.0.15, but no one of these satisfied me. In addition I prefered a native solution.

I am not a upgrader maniac. Since this version generally works good for me so far, why to not keep it?

So, if somebody can help with my problem, offering a manual edit, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Illori

if you want to keep bugs and possible security issues that is on you. we will not be supporting old beta versions as newer versions get released so you will be on your own.

if you want support from us you need to keep your version up to date.

Greek

I write to a board called "SMF 2.1.x Support" and you tell me that "we will not be supporting".

OK, thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think you missed something.
Quote from: Illori on January 18, 2018, 05:48:40 AM
we will not be supporting old beta versions as newer versions get released so you will be on your own.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Greek

Illori

yes it is old as there are many changes on github and you have already been told to use it to see if your issue has been fixed.

d3vcho

Just a quick number; 682 commits have been commited to the SMF 2.1's GitHub repo since Beta 3 got released. That's a lot of commits.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Greek

OK, thanks again.

I asked a bit help and I received a lot of advices.

d3vcho

The easiest solution is to try with the latest GitHub's version, which includes a lot of CSS and template fixes. That's all the help I think we can offer for this particular issue.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Antes

Its highly possible that the issue of yours is fixed in one of those 682 commits, My best possible advice to your situation (which I understand but I'm with others on the subject) do a diff on responsive.css and change stuff in your version.

Kindred

which is why we do not recommend that beta versions get used on production sites...

the beta tag indicates that things WILL be changed - potentially in significant ways.
There are very few mods for beta versions, for the same reason.

If you choose to run a beta version -- quite often the advice on how to fix an issue is "Try again using the most recent code from GitHub" and then, if the issue still exists, we may fix it in a push -- but rarely do we indicate what the specific code change was for an inline fix... once again, the advice will be "use the updated code from GitHub"

Also, I disagree with your contention that there are no responsive themes for 2.0.x
I use several different responsive themes on several different sites and they work like a charm.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: