News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with sign "plus" on preview

Started by Yippee-ki-yay, January 19, 2018, 04:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yippee-ki-yay

Good day for all! I have installed SMF 2.1.3b and got a problem with displaying sign "+" on preview the post. All signs "+" are disappeared on preview.

I can't attach screenshot with this problem but it's very simple: for example, I typed string like this: "s+s+s+d=3s+d" and pressed the button "Preview". And on the preview this string will became "sssd=3sd". Is it possible to fix this issue? I tested SMF without any mods.

Illori

can you test on the version on github? it is possible this has been fixed since beta 3 has been released.

Yippee-ki-yay

I will try to do this, but I have never used github before :) I think, that I have to download files from this link: hxxp:github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 [nonactive] and than install. Am I right?

Gwenwyfar

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Yippee-ki-yay

Thanks, I did it. The problem is absent :) But there are some questions.

• Some files (for example, .scrutinizer.yml, hxxp:readme.md [nonactive]) were absent in the previous installation. Are they really needed or I can delete them?
  • Subdirectory 'buildTools' in the folder 'Other' is empty. Is it possible to delete it after installation?
  • Should I install my forum again? Or I can only delete old folder "Source" on my server and copy new folder "Source" to the server?

The structure of database remains unchanged or not?

Gwenwyfar

1. Some of these extra files are for Github. The two you mentioned can be deleted.
2. Probably.
3. I'm not sure what do you mean by that. The databases of 2.0 and 2.1 are different. You will have to run upgrade.php if you are upgrading from 2.0. Note that you can't undo this, so have database and file backups before even attempting it.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Arantor

1. That really depends on which other files.
2. You can delete it because you haven't checked it out as a submodule and therefore it won't have any contents. You shouldn't need its contents anyway unless you're doing actual dev work and running the tests it includes.
3. No, you cannot just replace Sources, you need to replace all the files.

You should also copy upgrade.php plus the upgrade SQL files from the other/ folder to the root and rerun the upgrader in case there are other database changes.

Yippee-ki-yay

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on January 19, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

3. I'm not sure what do you mean by that. The databases of 2.0 and 2.1 are different. You will have to run upgrade.php if you are upgrading from 2.0. Note that you can't undo this, so have database and file backups before even attempting it.

I downloaded SMF 2.1 Beta 3 from this link: https://download.simplemachines.org/ and installed it on my live server.

But as I mentioned above there is a bug with displaying the symbol "+" on preview. So I downloaded latest version from github and tested it on local server on my computer. Now I want to upgrade files in the live server, but I don't know: are there any differences between database structure in SMF 2.1 Beta 3 from official site and the latest version of SMF from Github?

Arantor

Honestly, this is why we don't encourage running betas in real sites unless you know how to deal with such things...

And yes, there are changes since last June.

Yippee-ki-yay

Many thanks to all :) Upgrade was done successfully. Bug is disappeared.

Advertisement: