News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Issue with Missing Text in Buttons

Started by al4nw32, January 20, 2018, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al4nw32

Hi,

I'm having some issues with missing text inside of buttons and in other various template items. I'm setting up a development test board. The original board is fine. I have imported carbon copies of all the PHP files, and I have edited only Settings.php and used repair_board.php. I have also tried replacing the language files. I have also chowned everything under the Nginx user and group as well as chmoded folders to 755 and files to 644.

I'm running PHP-FPM 5.4.16, Nginx 1.12.2, and MariaDB 5.5.x.

THE BOARD IS NSFW 18+, however, there are no images/not very many on the test board.

What it looks like: http://103.105.49.72/index.php
What it should look like: http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/smf_forum/index.php

Thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, take a look at this:
What is repair_settings.php?

Use it to make sure all paths and specially URLs are correct in the settings. :)

If they are, then make sure your language files are OK, and your language settings correct.
Those missing texts are from the language files.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

al4nw32

Thanks, I just did it again and it worked. I must have forgotten to do it again after the second time I reinstalled the board!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Also when you change database info, it may be needed to do it twice for it to work since some settings are in the DB. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

al4nw32

Hmm... the dropdown menu still seems to be missing text. Should that have been in the language file as well?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Try to empty your cache, Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Empty the file cache
If that doesn't fix it, then let me know and we can continue to search where it fails. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

al4nw32

:( Unfortunately, it is still broken! Thank you so much for helping me out!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Did you copy all files over from the original location? That seems like it is the drop down from Search Focus Dropdown but without it's own language strings.

The strings would be in Themes/default/languages/SearchFocus.*language*.php
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

al4nw32

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 20, 2018, 02:29:56 AM
Did you copy all files over from the original location? That seems like it is the drop down from Search Focus Dropdown but without it's own language strings.

The strings would be in Themes/default/languages/SearchFocus.*language*.php

I used wget so I definitely copied over all the files, but I believe it is from the Enhanced Search plugin.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you get undefined index -errors in your log? If you do, could you paste a couple here :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

al4nw32

Ah, I've gotten this error:

hxxp:103.105.49.72/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc [nonactive]
Undefined index: mods_cat_modifications_dcsearch
/usr/share/nginx/html/Sources/DCSearch-Hooks.php
Line: 49

I suppose that I need to update a bunch of these plugins for 2.0.15. Well, thanks for all the help, I'm going to try and get a fresh copy of the forum (I was testing PHP 7 and MariaDB 10.2), and broke a bunch of other stuff when I rewrote the DB 4-5 times.

Thanks again!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Alright, you're welcome and good luck! :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: