News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help finding my admin page

Started by mthorne, January 20, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mthorne

I am very new to this and for some reason I cannot find my admin page. How do I login as an admin? Thanks,

vbgamer45

After you login there should an admin menu link in the main menu
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mthorne

When I go to my adminlogin page it says that the admin user name doesn't exist! Why would that be and how do I fix it?
Michele

vbgamer45

When you login or click the admin button in the menu? You can also login via your email
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mthorne

That's the problem. It won't let me login with the username. I don't even see the admin button.
Michele

Illori

mthorne

I installed it an Ipage using MOJO.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

You will need to edit the Settings.php file located in the root directory of the servers source files for your forum, you can reset the admin username and password to whatever you like. use ftp to download it to your pc, edit the file with your chosen text editor, save the file, then reload it back to the same file on the server...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Ummm, wtf, bob?  Tha made no sense. The admin account is not defined in settings.php

Mthorne, just kill that installation and use the full install archive from our download page.  Read our faq on installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Kindred on January 20, 2018, 08:39:25 PM
Ummm, wtf, bob?  Tha made no sense. The admin account is not defined in settings.php

Mthorne, just kill that installation and use the full install archive from our download page.  Read our faq on installation.

Damn, don't I feel silly... my bad dude, but there is the database option, which I will leave to kindred to explain, but I got it confused with the webmaster email address in settings.php sorry... partied a little too much earlier lol
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

mthorne

Okay this is all flying way over my head... is there a video tutorial I can watch?
Thanks,
Michele

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Usually whatever you are installing, it is best if you avoid using automated installers like that one.

The installer however should create you an Admin account and password, and show it to you in the end of the install process,
on top of which it usually emails the details to you as well.

If the installer did not create the account correctly, or did not give you the login details - then I'd suggest you start over from scratch, or ask your host for assistance with their installer of choice, unless you are comfortable with going in to the database to manually fix things.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: