News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Additional Polls

Started by bharat, January 21, 2018, 08:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Is it possible to add additional polls in the topics which allows more than one poll?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No.

There is a mod to do that, but it hasn't been updated in years and will probably not work "out of the box" anymore.
Additional Polls
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

bharat

I saw this mod but it is not compatible with the version I am using now. So looking for something else.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And as far as I know, there is nothing else.

Perhaps post in Mod Requests or take a look at the support topic of that mod here Additional Polls - Some people seem to have been working on making it 2.0.x compatible.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

bharat

So pity that there is nothing more, will be looking for modifications.

Shambles

bharat

I tried to install it but it didn't even let me do it with version 2.0.15

Shambles

Quote from: bharat
... it didn't even let me do it ...

If this is the mod you want and it doesn't install cleanly, post for assistance in that mod's support thread.

But while we're here, I just tried to install it on a bare 2.0.14 -> 2.0.15 setup and after I'd set emulation to 2.0 RC4 I just had to make one edit to Display.php after installation.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That shouldn't be too hard then. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

bharat

Thanks for your help, I installed it on my forum but somehow I don't see this option, do I need to add something?

Shambles

Quote from: bharat
... somehow I don't see this option, do I need to add something?

Once you've created a poll topic, you can open that topic and click the button "add poll".

bharat

Oh I see, thought that I need to change something. Thanks again!

bharat

Just wanted to check something, after I installed this mode I can't see an option view results anymore, what can be the reason?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Might be a good idea to ask in the mod's own support topic. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

bharat

I guess it happened after I changed something in code which was shown earlier, is there something what could remove this option?

Illori

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 29, 2018, 04:45:08 AM
Might be a good idea to ask in the mod's own support topic. :)

this way the mod author can help you out. we dont know the code for the mod to help you further.

bharat

Ok, will check it out, thanks!

Advertisement: