How do I stop my sub-menu's from opening, on mouse-over on the parent-menu?

Started by Dwev, January 22, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

I've made a Dashboard-menu-item on my site, in which there are a lot of options that would otherwise take up too much space in the menu-bar.

Now I've added some sub-menu's (with the help of this tutorial), but when I do a mouse-over over the Dashboard menu, all of the sub-menu's open automatically and at the same time. Needless to say that this makes is visually rather less appealing (read: a mess).

Is there a setting that by default the sub-menu's stay closed, and only open when the mouse moves over the parent in the menu?
So a mouse-over over Dashboard would show Profile, but only a mouse-over over Profile would show the sub-menu's of that option.

Hereby the start if the Dashboard button, with Profile and it's sub-menu options showing (and automatically opening with a mouse-over on Dashboard right now).

// Dashboard Button
'dashboard' => array(
'title' => 'Dashboard',
'href' => $scripturl . '?page=dashboard',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
'profile' => array(
'title' => 'Profiel',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
'summary' => array(
'title' => $txt['summary'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile',
'show' => true,
),
'account' => array(
'title' => $txt['account'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=account',
'show' => allowedTo(array('profile_identity_any', 'profile_identity_own', 'manage_membergroups')),
),
'profile' => array(
'title' => $txt['forumprofile'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=forumprofile',
'show' => allowedTo(array('profile_extra_any', 'profile_extra_own')),
'is_last' => true,
),
),
),

Dwev

I spoke with the designer of the site and it has nothing to do with SMF, it's because he made menu's in our custom theme to open automatically.

So I'm marking it solved, because I don't think it will be solved here.

Advertisement: