[PAID/FREE] Search for members on Custom Profile Field of type SELECT BOX

Started by pepa, January 23, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepa

This may become part of the post immediately below by schoolclubsforum.

When you set up a profile field of type "Select Box" unlike other profile fields, there is no option available to make the field Searchable in the members search list.  Is there a way that can happen or perhaps a mod?

I'm using Default Curve Theme V 2.0.15 with Responsive Curve installed.

Just noticed, I have two custom profile fields:

City/Town
Suburb

When I search the members list by either field it works fine.  When I search a combination e.g. City/Town x Suburb the result returns nothing if I enter both a City and Suburb, however, if I enter a City OR a Suburb the search returns what you would expect.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As it is, the custom profile fields are less than perfect in that respect, and it is unlikely to change in 2.0.
If you wish, this topic can be moved to mod requests, or coding discussion so you may continue to try and find a solution   
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pepa

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 25, 2018, 12:58:27 AM
As it is, the custom profile fields are less than perfect in that respect, and it is unlikely to change in 2.0.
If you wish, this topic can be moved to mod requests, or coding discussion so you may continue to try and find a solution

Yes, please move this to mod requests as there are other aspects of this, beyond what I have written, which I need to request as well ... thank you for your response.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pepa

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 25, 2018, 02:17:12 AM
Done :)

Thanks Lex : )

Now to be more specific about a mod request:

A mod for searchable and displayable fields for members details, including standard text and select box fields.

The mod would allow the profile fields to be displayed as options next to a search box and the results to show (as a minimum) User name, email, followed by the custom profile fields.

Example:  Custom Profile Fields - City/Town - Suburb or Post Code (zip in US) - Affiliation (Affiliation is a select box with contents APS - NonAPS - Student - Other) - Mobile Number (cell phone in US)

Select Affiliation as a search parameter and search for APS.  Result displays:

User name | Email | City/Town | Suburb or Post Code | APS | Mobile Number

Also, if possible a more complex search that includes more than one parameter.  So could search for City/Town and APS.  [Currently you can select more than one parameter in the members search but the result, if you input two searchable items returns nothing - kind of odd?]

Hope that's clear, if not please ask for more info.

IP_Board_Rules

Advertisement: