News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with upgrading

Started by OlgaH, January 23, 2018, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlgaH

I was upgrading the forum and something went wrong though everything indicated test successful

Now I got this error and I need to fix it ASAP. Please help! Any advice!

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/content/52/10779352/html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 142

Here is the forum https://tcjustice.org/forum/index.php

Sir Osis of Liver

Which php version is your server running?  Which SMF versions did you upgrade from/to?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

OlgaH

I was gradually upgrading from 07 and when I was upgrading from 12 to 13 that happened.

How I can look up the php version my server running? I'm with godaddy.

Shambles

Quote from: legal on January 23, 2018, 04:45:40 PM
How I can look up the php version my server running? I'm with godaddy.

Admin > Main > Support & Credits

Sir Osis of Liver

^ Forum is down.  Assuming you were upgrading using package manager, look in /Packages/backups/, there should be a backup from before .13 upgrade.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dav999

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 23, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
^ Forum is down.  Assuming you were upgrading using package manager, look in /Packages/backups/, there should be a backup from before .13 upgrade.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.

Unless it's truly impossible to switch to a higher version of PHP with Godaddy, I would definitely switch PHP to a higher version instead of taking the effort to roll back SMF to an earlier version. Even if it'll take a bit longer in case you can't do it via the control panel and Godaddy support has to do it.

OlgaH

Guys, thank you very much!

Yes, I have backups in Packages. But I have "2018-01-23_before_smf_patch_2_4.tar.gz"

OlgaH

I have smf_patch_2.0.11.zip in backup. But the folder contains only two xml files. I have no idea what to do with them. I would not mind to roll back to 0.11 for now if it is possible.

I'm waiting on the phone with godaddy to see if I can switch to a higher version of PHP

OlgaH

I have PHP 5.3. It will take a day to upgrade.

Can I do anything with patches backups?

OlgaH

Guys! Again Thank you for all your help and links! For now I upgraded to PHP 5.4 and the forum is working! and I will be upgrading the PHP to 5.6 and then the forum as well!  :) 

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: