Problem with upgrading

Started by OlgaH, January 23, 2018, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlgaH

I was upgrading the forum and something went wrong though everything indicated test successful

Now I got this error and I need to fix it ASAP. Please help! Any advice!

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/content/52/10779352/html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 142

Here is the forum https://tcjustice.org/forum/index.php

Sir Osis of Liver

Which php version is your server running?  Which SMF versions did you upgrade from/to?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

OlgaH

I was gradually upgrading from 07 and when I was upgrading from 12 to 13 that happened.

How I can look up the php version my server running? I'm with godaddy.

Shambles

Quote from: legal on January 23, 2018, 04:45:40 PM
How I can look up the php version my server running? I'm with godaddy.

Admin > Main > Support & Credits

Sir Osis of Liver

^ Forum is down.  Assuming you were upgrading using package manager, look in /Packages/backups/, there should be a backup from before .13 upgrade.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dav999

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 23, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
^ Forum is down.  Assuming you were upgrading using package manager, look in /Packages/backups/, there should be a backup from before .13 upgrade.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.

Unless it's truly impossible to switch to a higher version of PHP with Godaddy, I would definitely switch PHP to a higher version instead of taking the effort to roll back SMF to an earlier version. Even if it'll take a bit longer in case you can't do it via the control panel and Godaddy support has to do it.

OlgaH

Guys, thank you very much!

Yes, I have backups in Packages. But I have "2018-01-23_before_smf_patch_2_4.tar.gz"

OlgaH

I have smf_patch_2.0.11.zip in backup. But the folder contains only two xml files. I have no idea what to do with them. I would not mind to roll back to 0.11 for now if it is possible.

I'm waiting on the phone with godaddy to see if I can switch to a higher version of PHP

OlgaH

I have PHP 5.3. It will take a day to upgrade.

Can I do anything with patches backups?

OlgaH

Guys! Again Thank you for all your help and links! For now I upgraded to PHP 5.4 and the forum is working! and I will be upgrading the PHP to 5.6 and then the forum as well!  :) 

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: