Database Error: The table '[dbname]_tmp_log_search_topics' is full

Started by aegersz, January 24, 2018, 03:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

https://myforum/index.php?action=search2

Hi guys, i need some help with avoiding/fixing this error please - if i run the same search on the SM site then it works ok.

Database Error: The table 'smf209_tmp_log_search_topics' is full

INSERT IGNORE INTO smf209_tmp_log_search_topics
(id_topic)
SELECT t.id_topic
FROM smf209_topics AS t
INNER JOIN smf209_log_search_subjects AS subj1 ON (subj1.id_topic = t.id_topic)
WHERE subj1.word LIKE '%to%'
AND t.id_board IN (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 49, 52, 53, 55, 57, 58, 59, 62, 63, 64, 66, 67, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 86, 89, 90, 95, 96)
LIMIT 1054

File: /var/www/html/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1364

I also tried the same search of the word "to" and got this:

Database Error

The table 'smf209_tmp_log_search_topics' is full
File: /var/www/html/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1364

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.9. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/full-table.html
Contact your host to find out the actual cause of the error, or drop your search index to make the table disappear.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Thanks, i am my host ... and forgot to search enough - i have now modified the my.cnf value: tmp_table_size=1k

... i had it set to 1k as part of my aggressive memory usage cull (only can afford 1 GB) but now bumped it up to 512k.

I will refer to that link again should i have this type of error on another table.

8)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

yes but it failed so i reviewing the doco at your link again ... standby

EDIT: I removed these and let them default:

max_heap_table_size=16K
tmp_table_size=1K

(I had to restart mysqld and logout/login to SMF)

I am happy that i can't find too many occurrences of the word "to", despite possibly being wrong - it should be in the "trivial" word list)

no errors so i will mark this as solved.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sounds good, if you run in to further trouble with your database settings - perhaps post to Server Performance and Configuration :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Advertisement: