News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Login/Register to External Header

Started by Skordy, January 25, 2018, 08:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skordy

EDIT: !! I just realized I posted this in the wrong section >.> Can someone move this to the Integration forum, please? I'm sorry :(

Hello,

I know this has been asked a million times, and trust me, I have read through ALL of them, yet to no success.

I am trying to create a login/register form in the header of my site located at hxxp:mysite.com [nonactive] and the forums at hxxp:mysite.com/forum [nonactive]

Currently, I am having an issue just getting the login to work, I will tackle the registration next, which I will return to this thread if I have troubles with that. Below is my coding of the header for the login/registration section. It "works" sort of, as when I log in, it brings me to the forum and gives me an error stating "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my brain power trying to figure this out on my own, which is why I'm resorting to help. :P

Here is my coding structure directly regarding to the login portion. It all exists in one file. Additionally, I have tried this both with local cookies turned off/on AND Subdomain independent cookies off/on. Neither worked.

Top of the file
<!-- Forum Connect -->
<?php
require_once('./forum/SSI.php');
$_SESSION['login_url']='/'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$_SESSION['logout_url']='/'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$_SESSSION['user_id'] = $ID_MEMBER;
$_SESSION['username'] = $user_info['username'];
$_SESSION['email'] = $user_info['email'];
$_SESSION['admin'] = $user_info['is_admin'] ? 0;
?>

Header section containing login/register and Welcome/Logout (Which by the way, if I log into the forums, the welcome/logout work flawlessly.)
<!-- header -->
<div class="nav navbar-right">
            <?php

if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
            {

echo'
              <ul>
                <li class="hidden-xs-down"><a href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-login">Login</a></li>
                <li class="hidden-xs-down"><a href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-register">Register</a></li>
              </ul>'
;
            }
            else
            {

ssi_welcome();
            ssi_logout();
            }

?>

</div>

And finally, the login Modal.
<!-- Login Modal -->
  <div class="modal fade" id="modal-login">
    <div class="modal-dialog modal-sm" role="document">
      <div class="modal-content">
        <div class="modal-header">
          <h5 class="modal-title"><i class="fa fa-sign-in"></i> Login to your account</h5>
          <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close">
          <span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span>
        </button>
        </div>
        <div class="modal-body p-a-20">
          <form action="<?=$scripturl; ?>?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="<?=$context['character_set']; ?>">
            <div class="form-group input-icon-left m-b-10">
              <i class="fa fa-user"></i>
              <input type="text" name="user" value="<?=$user_info['username']; ?>" class="form-control form-control-secondary" placeholder="Username">
            </div>
            <div class="form-group input-icon-left m-b-15">
              <i class="fa fa-lock"></i>
              <input type="password" name="passwrd" class="form-control form-control-secondary" placeholder="Password">
            </div>
            <input type="hidden" name="cookielength" value="-1" />
          <input type="submit" value="Login" name="login" class="btn btn-primary btn-block m-t-10">
          </form>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Skordy

Quite simply, ssi_login(); is a pain to style, considering I've already done all the styling for other forms for the site, I'd like them to be uniform.

Kindred

you realize that you can style SSI functions by using something other than the "echo" argument?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Skordy

I was not aware, please share? Only way I found on how to do it was creating a whole new style sheet. Additionally, I'd like to be able to put font-awesome icons to signify the box, rather than using a "Username" label.

Skordy

How would one go about using ssi_login as you suggested Kindred? I've read the docs over and over, and can't quite get it. I assume it's probably close to how the ssi_boardNews functions are used, but I just can't nail the login portion down.

Kindred

function ssi_login($redirect_to = '', $output_method = 'echo')

so....

require_once('SSI.php');

$my_login=ssi_login('','array');

you should then be able to call the various data points using the $my_login array...

but, looking at the actual code, it looks like anything but echo automatically bumps the attempt out, which is strange. It's a contradiction of every other ssi function....

So, the solution?

copy the entire ssi_login function to the bottom of SSI.php and re-name it something like ssi_my_login
then just use your OWN HTML and CSS to define the login form.

// Shows a login box.
function ssi_my_login($redirect_to = '', $output_method = 'echo')
{
global $scripturl, $txt, $user_info, $context, $modSettings;

if ($redirect_to != '')
$_SESSION['login_url'] = $redirect_to;

if ($output_method != 'echo' || !$user_info['is_guest'])
return $user_info['is_guest'];

echo '
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<div class="login-form">
<div><label for="user">', $txt['username'], ':</label>&nbsp;<input type="text" id="user" name="user" size="9" value="', $user_info['username'], '" class="input_text" /></div>
<div><label for="passwrd">', $txt['password'], ':</label>&nbsp;<input type="password" name="passwrd" id="passwrd" size="9" class="input_password" /></div>
<div><input type="hidden" name="cookielength" value="-1" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" /><input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /></div>
</div>
</form>';

}
Слaва
Украинi

Skordy

You sir, are a genius. That worked perfectly. And opened me up to a WHOLLLLLLE lot more customization. Thank you!

Advertisement: