News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is it possible to have a Sticky Post on top of each Board page?

Started by Dwev, January 26, 2018, 09:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

I'm on the latest version of SMF (2.0.15) and have installed the Mod Separate the sticky topics, so a Sticky Post with some additional instructions for that board is clearly visible on top.

But I would like this Sticky Post to be visible on every page of that Board, does anyone know if this is possible?
And if the answer is yes, how?

By the way, I did found a Mod that probably does exactly what I want (Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)), but that doesn't cover anything after SMF version 1.1.6.

Illori

try looking for i believe it is the global announcement mod, makes a sticky at the top of all boards.

Kindred

but I don't believe that it makes a sticky post appear on every page within a board...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Kindred

Global Topics are shown:
- only in the first page of the list of messages (MessageIndex)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

right, to me that sounds like what the op wants. without the op telling us in more detail what they want we dont know if that is good enough.

Dwev

Because of the first suggestion of Illori I found this Mod: Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM). It simply never occurred to me to look for the word "accouncement".

That Mod turns out to do exactly what I want, showing a message on top of each page of a Board.

But there's a catch, it doesn't at all play nice with my theme and it insists of showing a message icon, even though this Mod is installed: RHTAMI - Remove Hot Topic And Message Icons (as far as I can see YAGAM does a lot on its own).

Now I'm pondering if it's worth all of the work needed to get this to play nice with the rest, or that I'll just accept that there only a Sticky on the first page of a Board Index.

aegersz

mate, just try the one Illori suggested, i run it and it's great too, plays nice etc.

uninstall YAGAM ... what you want is OVERKILL and you run the risk of annoying your members and/or they will simply ignore it anyway.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Dwev

@ augers: Have you actually tried YAGAM?

It just puts a Sticky-like announcement on top of each page in the Boards, no idea why that would annoy members.

In the meantime I keep using Separate the sticky topics combined with Read Sticky Topics.

This solution is much more annoying, I would prefer YAGAM, but like I wrote before: too much work for me at this moment, maybe I'll use it later (when I have the time to make it play nice with my theme).

Advertisement: