News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New install 2.0.15 db error

Started by Kerrith, January 26, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrith

Forum > Manage Boards and Categories > Error: "Unknown column 'b.is_blog' in 'field list'
File: /xxx/xxx/public_html/teenforum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1085"

Otherwise the install http://www.bigislandforum.org/teenforum/index.php looks good. Got tip?

Thanks, Kerry
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2018, SimplePortal
XHTML RSS WAP2

PS: I have another installation of SMF with Simple Portal that works fine.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Communication Skills Coach
Big Island Forum

aegersz

refer to similar issue > http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=171958.0

I assume that you are using an old DB and/or have related mods on.

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shawnb61

I can't reproduce this in a vanilla 2.0.15 install.
You may need to report this over on the support thread for SimplePortal. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

i dont think SP has a blog as part of it. maybe someone installed a blog at some point and it did not cleanly uninstall.

shawnb61

OP says it's a new install - 2.0.15 + SP. 

is_blog doesn't exist in 2.0.15.   Maybe a defunct SP feature?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aegersz

if you had this mod on > http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=793

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE BLOG DATA: I suggest that you try to install it again then uninstall it but be sure to check the option to delete the data with it this time. I think that option will remove the offending column from the table in your DB and any residual code associated with it ... it may also confirm Illori's suspicion.

IF YOU DO: then do the above but don't delete the data with it ... it may also confirm Illori's suspicion.

it may be another blog mod but i think you get the idea ... what mods have you had on in the past ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

lurkalot

Maybe something to do with that blog button that's missing from the main menu, between Calendar and Login, it points to here, http://www.bigislandforum.org/teenforum/index.php?action=blog

<li id="button_calendar">
<a class="firstlevel" href="http://www.bigislandforum.org/teenforum/index.php?action=calendar">
<span class="firstlevel">Calendar</span>
</a>
</li>
<li id="button_blog">
<a class="firstlevel" href="http://www.bigislandforum.org/teenforum/index.php?action=blog">
<span class="firstlevel"></span>
</a>
</li>
<li id="button_login">

aegersz

highly likely as that mod uses Blog.php

Please backup your DB and files just to be safe before trying out my advice, should you choose to follow it.

Kerrith

Thanks all. I think it's fixed. In Subs-Boards.php I deleted c.can_blog. I'll configure it some more and see.

PS: lurkalot. I wasn't sure what to do with your script.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kerrith on January 27, 2018, 05:13:05 AM
Thanks all. I think it's fixed.
I don't think it's completely removed yet.
It's still a part of your menu, that was what lurkalot was trying to show you I think.

Also, the button ends up in an error.
A nonexistent action should normally redirect to the forum index.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kerrith

Anyone have a suggestion? This senior is confused.
Thanks, Kerry
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If that is really a new install, and you haven't done any larger customizing or installed many mods you wouldn't want to lose - I'd suggest starting from scratch so to say.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kerrith

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 27, 2018, 04:50:36 PMIf that is really a new install,
Yes, also a new db,
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 27, 2018, 04:50:36 PMand you haven't done any larger customizing or installed many mods
Only SimplePortal, 
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 27, 2018, 04:50:36 PMI'd suggest starting from scratch so to say.
I spent an hour editing SMF's files to install SimplePortal, so I'd like to find a fix without having to "upload a fresh set of file" which would overwrite my existing SP edited files.

A couple years and versions ago (SMF 2.0.15 | SimplePortal 2.3.7) I successfully  installed another SMF w/SP forum that's been working perfectly. http://www.bigislandforum.org/forums/index.php

Obviously I need help.

Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kerrith

Quote from: Illori on January 26, 2018, 05:28:24 PM
i don't think SP has a blog as part of it. maybe someone installed a blog at some point and it did not cleanly uninstall.
Me too, I have not found any "blog" file in SP  2.3.7. My install of SMFw/SP is a clean new install with a new db.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

aegersz

you could backup those files that you want or backup the entire set of forum files, start another fresh install, check your new forum then copy back those files and see if that reproduces your mystery error.

i have a total of 6 SMF systems and one of those is pure vanilla so i can test/compare mods and source for debugging. others are live copies or systems with just a few mods on. 2 are live.

going to such lengths can isolate a problem quickly.

shawnb61

I just installed 2.0.15 + the latest SP.   No 'blog' anywhere in subs-boards.php.

There is stray code in there from something else.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kerrith on January 27, 2018, 07:19:17 PM
I spent an hour editing SMF's files to install SimplePortal, so I'd like to find a fix without having to "upload a fresh set of file" which would overwrite my existing SP edited files.

Did not the package manager work, or why did it take that long for you to install?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kerrith

Quote from: shawnb61 on January 27, 2018, 11:05:17 PM
I just installed 2.0.15 + the latest SP.   No 'blog' anywhere in subs-boards.php.

There is stray code in there from something else.
Just did a search in Sub_boards.php and got:
"// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---
// Is this board a blog?
if (isset($boardOptions['is_blog']))
{
// We'll need to set the "is_blog" value, depending on what the user chose.
$boardUpdates[] = 'is_blog = ' . ($boardOptions['is_blog'] ? '1' : '0');
// Is it actually a blog? If it is, we need to generate an "alias" for it.
// Only do this if a board name was passed (otherwise, what can we do?).
if ($boardOptions['is_blog'] && isset($boardOptions['board_name']))
{
// Remove any non-alphanumeric characters
$alias = strtolower(preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9 ]/', '', $boardOptions['board_name']));
// Replace any spaces with dashes
$alias = str_replace(' ', '-', $alias);

// Is this alias ambiguous (is it in use by something else?)
$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
SELECT
COUNT(ID_BOARD)
FROM {db_prefix}boards
WHERE blog_alias = '{$alias}'");
list($temp_count) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($result);
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($result);

// It is? Add the board ID to the end.
if ($temp_count > 0)
$alias .= '_' . $board_id;

// Add this as an update
$boardUpdates[] = 'blog_alias = \'' . $alias . '\'';
}
}
// --- End modification ---

Your SP doesn't have this code?

Edited to put the code inside code tags ~ Steve
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kerrith

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 28, 2018, 02:53:26 AM
Quote from: Kerrith on January 27, 2018, 07:19:17 PM

Did not the package manager work, or why did it take that long for you to install?

Here's the Installation page for SimplePortal with lots of moving and copy-pasting: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1104;attach=254079;smf_version=2.0.13.  I don't know if SP can be installed via SMF's package manager, do you? That would be way cool.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is a mod, should work like any other :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Illori

shawnb61

Yes, you should install SP using the package manager.

That page is a dump of the package manager steps.   It is not your install instructions.    Package manager does this for you.

The SMF blog code you shared looks like code from the SMFblog mod.   It is not from SP or SMF.

Kerrith

QuoteYour SP doesn't have this code?
Yes, my Sub_board.php does have that "// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---" script.

Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kerrith

How do I create a db?

In preparation for new install of phpBB, using cPanel, I created a db named teenforum. When I clicked on the db named comcom_teenforum in phpMyAdmin it contained dozens of files such as comcom_page, comcom_site_stats, etc. When I tried to install the new version of phpBB via /install.php I kept getting "Critical Error! Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data. If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host."

I've tried entering different things in /install.php Database Server Settings > Database Name: comcom_teenforum, teenforum, and Table Prefix: comcom_, comcom, comcom_teenforum and I get the same error message.

So deleted the db and tried again only this time the db was empty. How do I fix this?
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kindred

You know that this is support for smf, not phpbb?

Also, a blank database is a good start, if you are doing a clean installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Quote from: Kerrith on January 28, 2018, 04:28:27 PM
QuoteYour SP doesn't have this code?
Yes, my Sub_board.php does have that "// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---" script.

That blog code you have in your sources/Sub_board.php has nothing to do with simple portal. As aegersz suggested, it is from the SMF Blog mod- https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=793

It appears that at one time, somebody installed that mod, and when they uninstalled it, it did not completely uninstall and bits of the blog code are still in some of the files. Best bet would be to parse the Blog mod and go through all files where the mod was installed, looking for any remaining code- and then just remove it from the various files

Kerrith

Quote from: Kindred on January 29, 2018, 09:29:37 PM
You know that this is support for smf, not phpbb?
Thanks. It should read new install of SMF.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kindred

You need the database name, the database username and the database user password...  additionally, you need the specific server location (usually, but not always localhost).  Although, If you are on godaddy, it is not localhost.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kerrith

Thanks Kindred,

That's what I've been entering.

Do you know anyone who might install SMF and SimplePortal for us?

Kerry
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Advertisement: